Author: Dajo20

Google Play Store App never update

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-17 04:11:17 | Show all posts
Hello,

I would like to buy this product but I am not sure if it is working well or not with google pay store.
Could you please send me a feedback if it is fixed or not.
Is there a frequent firmware update? I can not see any download area on the website.

Thank you.
Br.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-17 04:37:35 | Show all posts
czindy replied at 2017-01-17 04:11
Hello,

I would like to buy this product but I am not sure if it is working well or not with google  ...

Updates are stalled for a long time now. Think the last one was 2-3 month ago.

I'm not sure about this, but I do think that Beelink GT1 is a rebrand and that the original builder of the board doesn't have a solution on how to fix the problems with the device. And this is why we haven't gotten a new firmware in a long time. Now the box is cheap, so if one is to play with the box and try some custom firmware, then you should end up with a great little box not costing you a small fortune.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-22 05:08:59 | Show all posts
any solution?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-02-26 10:52:15 | Show all posts
Actually, Beelink rolled out an update (GT1_110M0) less than two weeks ago.  It just didn't address some longstanding issues like the brightness levels with the Amlogic codec.

There are several custom ROMs available that are hosted on the FreakTab forum.  Mine include the latest Google apps from Open GApps and come in three variants:  a minimalist Nano package, the Stock package set up with all the Nexus apps, and the TVStock package with the Android TV stock apps from the Nexus Player.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-05 20:42:38 | Show all posts
Hello,
I would like to address this issue too.
Google Play Store is important for GT1 ecosystem. Not only because it lets users download and install apps. But also because, if not properly updated , it could prevent in the future any update of the downloaded apps. Actually the version of Google Play Store is an old one (Auguts 2016 if not mistaken) and there is NO way to update it. I have even tried to download and install the original updated apk version with no result.
If Beelink is not planning to solve the issue, maybe someone who knows more than us, regular users, should post a step-by-step guide
thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-10 15:11:10 | Show all posts
Up! Has anyone fugured out a solution or explanation to this issue? I would love to ear anything from the geeks on this forum! Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-11 05:11:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
So I found the solution on how to update Google Play Store.... You need something like Root Explorer app..... Step 1: make Backup File form :system/priv-app/phonesky/phonesky.apk  < that  is Google Play Store Step 2: rename your Download Apk form Google Play Store 7.4.09.L-all [0] [PR] 143719094.aok in phonesky.apk Step 3:Copy the Rename File to system/priv-app/phonesky/ Step 4:Set permissions to rw-r- r for File phonesky.apk Last Step: Reboot System... It works i did on my gt1 ultimate... Download the Google play Store from. Apkmirror
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-11 11:52:44 | Show all posts
Thanks Frank, let me see if I got these steps correctly:
1. Copy phoneskey.apk and paste (in another folder or sd card)
2. Download google play store apk file
I use es file explorer so I will continue:
3 in download folder rename the new google play store apk file to phoneskey.apk
4. Then in the directory where phoneskey is in, check root in es file explorer and rename the original
Phoneskey.apk to something else
5. Then copy/paste the new phoneskey.apk in the correct directory and uncheck root in es file explorer
6. Reboot and hope all is well

Can I do it in these steps, did I miss something.  Also do you know if this problem is in the Mini MX III.
Great work

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-11 12:02:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You missed an important part... Set permissions to rw-r- r for File phonesky.apk    without thus your gt1 I think your gt1 might loop next time u restart

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-11 12:44:01 | Show all posts
Thanks for the step I missed.  This is the only thing I am unclear on.  I need to google this.  I have seen permissions before for the whole folder not just one file.  I hope I can do the permissions in download folder first before I move.  Thanks again

Anybody knows if MiniMXIII has the google play store update issue?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list