View: 25180|Reply: 6

CoreELEC & Beelink units, Everything you need to know!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-01-14 05:49:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Phant0m`` at 2021-02-03 03:13

You might be curious about CoreELEC. CoreELEC is a ‘Just enough OS’ Linux distribution based on Kodi1 technology for popular Amlogic hardware. If you just use Kodi under Beelink products, or looking for video & audio quality, speed, convenience and additional features using Kodi. You going to love CoreELEC!
CoreELEC 9.2.1 is loaded with Kodi 18.5.

CoreELEC Official website: https://CoreELEC.org/

You can have CoreELEC installed and run off of Micro-SD Card, or USB flash drive and nothing is written to the eMMC storage. This means you can return back to Android, just exactly how you have left it.., easily. Simply turn off device, disconnect media with CoreELEC and turn on the device. Or keep the media connected and simply instruct it to boot to Android via shutdown screen.

How to Install CoreELEC - New Installation: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-install-coreelec/677
If you going to use it on SD Card, make sure that you using Class 10 card for best experience or just use USB flash drive. Get the lay of the land with CoreELEC and after such time, you decided that replacing Android system on your box is better option for you, you certainly can! Not difficult to install CoreELEC on your unit eMMC storage.

How to use the Team CoreELEC ceemmc tool:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t ... ec-ceemmc-tool/7630

Beelink units that I know that can run CoreELEC, GT1-A, and GT1 Mini. GT1 Mini now has both USB ports functional as of today, February 02, 2021. At this moment you need the DTB updated file, avilable at https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/beelink-gt1-mini-coreelec-no-usbv2-port/8964/72?u=phant0m

Also the GT1 Mini like some Amlogic devices have problems with wake-up from suspend, power off by IR remote, CEC or WOL, and this is related to the Beelink bootloader. CoreELEC has a solution for this, their BL301 injection which manipulates small portion of the bootloader to correct mistakes made by the box vendor.

CoreELEC BL301 Wake-Up feature [inject_bl301]: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t ... e-inject-bl301/6321

I also have done the work to have my GT1 Mini box power button work to power it off while running under CoreELEC Kodi. I also have it that a longer press show the CoreELEC Kodi shutdown options screen to appear. Had to ensure that my Mini keyboard also offers this convenience by using it's home button.

This convenience I can make available, and it should be good for all Beelink units that uses the Beelink 2.4G Fly Air Mouse. Also not specific to keyboard either. Also just as easy to reverse the long press for normal press, instead have the normal power button press show the CoreELEC Kodi shutdown options screen to appear while long press of the power button causes instance shutdown.

Beelink GT1 Mini (95X2) w/CoreELEC & Android 9 (Pie)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-01-14 09:16:08 | Show all posts
All these boxes are supported. :lol:lol

Beelink GT-King        S922X        4G rev. a        g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_rev_a
Beelink GT-King        S922X        4G rev. b        g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king
Beelink GT1 Ultimate        S912        3G        gxm_q200_3g
Beelink GT1 Ultimate        S912        3G (Fake RAM)        gxm_q200_2g
Beelink M18        S905        2G        gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port
Beelink Mini MX        S905        1G        gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit
Beelink Mini MX        S905        2G        gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit
Beelink Mini MXIII        S905        2G        gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit
Beelink Mini MXIII        S905        2G (Realtek WiFi)        gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi
Beelink Mini MXIII II        S905X        2G        gxl_p212_2g
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Read Only

Credits
Post time 2020-03-01 05:17:46 | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Read Only

Credits
Post time 2020-03-02 14:15:48 | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-15 23:03:27 | Show all posts
Hi!,

tl;dr:

is it poosible to install coreelec  NG to internal on Mini MXIII II? Does it need new firmware?

I have a Beelink Mini MXIII II   (S905X ,2G ,gxl_p212_2g)  box, and would like to install coreelec NG (kernel 4.9) .

While the os runs fine when installed on sd card or usb,
if I try to install it using the ceemmc tool, it fails with th efollowing errors:

Warning: Could not find ‘dtbo’ partition!
Warning: Could not find ‘dto’ partition!
Error dtb magic: a!
Could not remove node ‘/partitions’ from dtb0!

I posted on the coreelec forum and the answer from one of the team was that this is due to firmware beeing corrupt, ot too old.
I ve installed following the guides in this forum Firmware 113MO, which seems to be the latest.

Is it somethig that can be fixed? I don't ask for  a new fimeare update. It's probably something trivial declaration on the boot /dtb .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-02-02 16:50:54 | Show all posts

Have to agree with CoreELEC Team support, firmware being corrupted. Should reload it via USB Burning Tool and try again.
Beelink GT1 Mini (95X2) w/CoreELEC & Android 9 (Pie)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-02-19 19:54:15 | Show all posts
Edited by karl86 at 2021-02-20 01:27

[Edit:

Flashing a firmware for a device of another manufactrurer seemed to do the trick. I was then able to install coreelec ng to my device's (mxiii-ii) internal storage.

I guess  there is no  possibility of a newer firmware for this device, but if someone finds this post, searh in coreelec forums for HQYG-TX7-nikodi-20180104

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list