Return to list New
Author: amater

Slow Wi-fi

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-06 16:34:08 | Show all posts
Is there a solution to this? I have a new GT King Pro with 913PO firmware out of the box. It also has slow wifi connection. Can someone help us?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-06 18:51:14 | Show all posts
Have you opened the box in order to swap the two antennas which in my box was poorly connected to the motherboard, the antenna marked 2.4G + BT must be connected to the Wifi + BT input on the motherboard, On can see written about 5G antennas on one and 2.4G + BT on the other ..
Maybe start by checking this out.
And if not, you have to replace the antennas with external antennas.
You can see my topic  http://bee-link.com/forum.php?mo ... &extra=page%3D1
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-09 14:49:37 | Show all posts
@gtkingpro.ac2n Thank you for your reply. Based on my reading of the link you provided, are you saying that I have the following options:

1. Open the box and check if the antenna connectors are not switched. If they are, then connect them properly.

2. If the antenna connectors are not switched, but still there are wi-fi / BT issues, maybe consider getting external antenna

Am I correct?

======

My issue is not really wi-fi range because signal is excellent in my box. The problem is download and upload speeds are slow. From the same location, my android phone is getting 20 Mbps DL/UL, but on the Beelink box, it is just 1.5 Mbps DL/UL. I am actually thinking of using ethernet cable for internet access (instead of wi-fi) on it. However, since the location of my Beelink box is an almost completely sealed room and I don't want to run long cables & drill holes to walls, I am choosing between: A) powerline ethernet adapter; or B) wi-fi range extender with ethernet bridge feature.... so that I can get wired internet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-09 14:53:48 | Show all posts
Edited by rodelm172 at 2020-12-09 14:58
gtkingpro.ac2n replied at 2020-12-06 18:51
Have you opened the box in order to swap the two antennas which in my box was poorly connected to th ...

@gtkingpro.ac2n

Thank you for your reply. Based on the link you provided, are you suggesting:

1. Open the box and check the antenna connection to make sure they are not swtiched. If they are, connect them properly,

2. If the antenna connections are OK, then maybe look into getting external antennas.

Am I right?

=========

My problem isn't actually wi-fi / BT range because I am getting excellent signal in my Beelink box. The issue is the download and upload speed because if I test wi-fi speed from the same location using my phone, I get 20 Mbps DL/UL. But on the Beelink box, I only get 1.5 Mbps DL/UL.
I am actually thinking of just using wired internet access and just forget about the wi-fi. Since the room where the Beelink box is located is almost completely sealed, I don't want to run long cables and I also don't want to drill holes on the walls. Therefore, I am choosing between: A) Powerline ethernet adapters; or B) Wi-fi range extender with ethernet bridge feature, like the TP-Link TL-WA850RE

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-09 17:12:15 | Show all posts
rodelm172 replied at 2020-12-09 07:53
@gtkingpro.ac2n

Thank you for your reply. Based on the link you provided, are you suggesting:

Hello, yes first I think you can check the antenna connection.. But the metal box cause problem with this antenna ... (in my case..)
Another thing, you compare the connection of your phone and your box, but are they both connected to the same Wifi channel and therefore either in 2.4Ghz or in 5Ghz, it is worth checking this because the 5Ghz connection allows the speed in 20 Mbps but the Wifi in 2.4Ghz does not allow it,
in my case I had to change the broadcast channel of my wifi5Ghz for the GT-King pro to be able to connect to it .. Your speed problem surely comes from there, on the other hand the wifi in 5Ghz does not have the same range 2.4Ghz wifi, and therefore the box must not be too far from your Wifi router ...
Good luck ..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-13 16:42:05 | Show all posts
gtkingpro.ac2n replied at 2020-12-09 17:12
Hello, yes first I think you can check the antenna connection.. But the metal box cause problem wi ...

Thank you but I didn't bother to open my unit anymore. I ordered a pair of TENDA P202 powerline ethernet adapters and they arrived today. Units were literally plug & play and it solved my slow networking problem. Goodbye wi-fi on my Beelink. I hope the new version of GT King Pro (with "WIFI 6") will address this serious issue.

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-29 06:41:12 | Show all posts

Because this forum is not very helpful, I emailed support-box@bee-link.com and they were kind enough to provide me the answers I needed. They also gave me an alternative way to update the firmware of my box which involves a USB stick.

The method worked and the new firmware improved my wifi issue. It is still not up to maximum bandwidth but better than my previous experience.

MY HOME WIFI = 20 Mbps

BEFORE (913PO firmware): I can only get 1.5 Mbps on my GT King Pro, but my phone is getting 20 Mbps from the same location

NOW (914PO firmware): GT King Pro can now get 7.5 Mbps

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list