View: 13366|Reply: 4

Linux Install

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-11 23:59:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a Gemini T34 and can't seem to find the bios to boot from a USB drive.  I have plugged in a USB with Linux, but I just get a blank screen.  Is there a how-to on installing Linux on the T34.  Have looked at other Beelink product how-tos, but nothing seems to work.  I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-28 11:03:44 | Show all posts
I just put linux mint on mine.
1st thing to do, is get into the bios, on mine it was the esc. button, press it on startup. It usually flashes on the bottom screen to tell you what button like it could be f14
2nd thing to do, is change the part in the bios that has your USB as the second boot, it needs to be 1st boot.
Restart with your USB, your Wifi may not work, that can be installed later when your installing it for good. It will ask you if you want  proprietary software say yes. I used an Ethernet cable to get all my updated software then my WIFI worked.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-12-12 14:02:21 | Show all posts
Hi,
What version do you have installed? We tested and installed Ubuntu 18.04 without problems. Did the installation process confirm the correctness?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-15 03:16:44 | Show all posts
sorry for the late reply. it came with windows 10. I tried using an OpenSuse usb drive, but couldn't even get the bios to show.
Retried with Ubuntu 18.04 and can get into the bios, but I don't see the usb drive as an option to boot from.

Are there some options in the bios I need to change?

Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-16 01:38:13 | Show all posts
Don't know what happened, but the usb showed up in the boot manager and everything is good now.  Must need to setup windows first.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list