View: 2501|Reply: 3

Any issue if the BT3 Pro is configured to never suspend/hibernate?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-09 00:18:36 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by user3635 at 2019-12-09 00:20

Hello, I am asking this in the forum because I believe that the information can be useful for everyone.

I installed the BT Pro in a home network. It connects to the router using wi-fi. I use it to run Kodi and receive backups from other PCs.

Often, after the PC wakes up from suspension or hibernation, Kodi will not run correctly and/or the system does not reconnect automatically to the router. The issues are solved with a restart.

So, I would like to configure Windows power management to never go into suspension or hibernation. Sleep mode yes (no problems after the wake-up), suspension/hibernation no. The BT Pro has a low-power CPU and a flash disk, so it operates at low temperature and will not overheat. The flash disk does not have rotating parts, so no risk of excessive usage.

Is my configuration correct (sleep mode OK, never suspend/hibernate) or do I risk bigger issues?

Thank you!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-12-10 11:33:38 | Show all posts
You can turn off the hibernation option in the system's power management, and then turn on the machine's auto power on function.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-11 05:12:53 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2019-12-10 11:33
You can turn off the hibernation option in the system's power management, and then turn on the machi ...

Got it, thank you. Any risk of hardware issues if the BT Pro remains active or sleeping (no suspension/hibernation) for a long period of time, i. e. 15 days?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-12 08:43:54 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2019-12-10 11:33
You can turn off the hibernation option in the system's power management, and then turn on the machi ...

Adding some details here, to make this thread more useful:

- The hibernation option is in Windows 10 > Control Panel > Power management > Change settings. Set suspension to "Never" > click to change advance settings > in the new window, click Suspension, make sure that both options are set to "Never". Then click "OK".

- The auto power-on feature is in the BIOS: Advanced > System Component > Power on After G3, choose "Enable". Then "Save and exit setup", choose Yes.

The auto power-on is important because the BT3 Pro does not support wake on LAN (WOL). You can wake it from Windows' sleep with a key press/mouse click, but not from the off state. With auto power-on, the device will never be in such state.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list