View: 1873|Reply: 2

x55 j5005 won't display thru Denon AVR

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-07 09:45:58 | Show all posts |Read mode
X55(j5005) won't display through hdmi to an older Denon 3312ci receiver even when resolution is set to 1080; however if both hdmi are hooked up in duplicate with one going to 4k Samsung TV and other going to receiver with resolution at 1080, it will pass through.  If I disonnect the hdmi going to tv, it fails to pass through receiver.  All other computers have always allowed pass through of hdmi to receiver when set to 1080.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-08 19:43:36 | Show all posts
After some research, it appears that this is a EDID handshake problem.  I'm assuming that since this box is Netflix certified for 4k, it sends out a 4k EDID even when resolution is set to 1080.  Do I have this correct, or is there something else wrong.  Really needed this to work as I don't have enough HDMI ports on TV without buying one of those $60 EDID override box things.  Let me know what you think.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-08 19:48:38 | Show all posts
I am planning on putting Android TV X86 onto the secondary drive in this box.  I am trying to duplicate the Nividia Shield and a windows 10 computer all in one dual boot box.  Would like any info if anybody has done this before.  Interested in getting live channels app to work as in the shield.  It appears that it will not activate unless Android TV is the OS. Have tried side loading to full android OS and it doesn't work.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list