View: 2553|Reply: 1

GT1 powers up on its own - HDHomeRun DRM, AirMouse w/voice search

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-10 04:52:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by AndroidMan at 2016-10-10 10:42

I'm new to this forum and new to the Android TV box experience, but not new to Android on phones and tablets.

I received my my Beelink GT1 within the past two weeks and have found it to be a great box and experience, however...

1) Recently, I've been finding that it powers on by itself after my having correctly powered it down.  Now as I type this, I am thinking that there have been a number of power outages recently at my house lasting for less than a minute and I have not checked to see if the powering on of the GT1 corresponds to these outages.  I'll make note next time it turns itself on.  The GT1 is on a surge protector, so that should help.  If anyone else experienced this let me know.

2) I'm finding that it takes a long time for the GT1 to automatically detect the correct date and time.  I just see a spinning wheel on the home page with "Locating by network..." underneath the spinning wheel.  BTW, I'm connected to a gigabit wired ethernet network.

3) I just ordered an AirMouse that has a built in microphone that is supposed to work with voice search and voice activated apps in Android TV boxes.  Has anyone had experience with one of these working or not working with the GT1?

I hope the GT1 continues to improve with further firmware updates.

Oh, forgot to mention one unexpectedly great piece of news:  the GT1 will play nice with DRM content (HD TV channels) when using the HDHomeRun (green) VIew app with a SiliconDust HDHR3-CC.  :D

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-15 02:16:13 | Show all posts
I received my 2.4G motion sensing air mouse with built in microphone for voice functioning apps.  I've been using it on my Beelink GT1.

First impression is that it is way better than the included GT1 remote.

I am still learning to use it, but the worst part is the instructions as there are so many buttons on the air mouse remote control and they don't explain what each is for.  There is also a full keyboard on the other side of the remote.

The air mouse works pretty well and I'm getting used to it.
I had to install the "Google" app in order to get the microphone icon and "ok Google" functioning.  The built in microphone on the air mouse works well with the Google app.  But, I don't know why I do not see the microphone icon in the Google search bar when say in Chrome.  I do see it in Chrome when I'm on a windows PC.

I have not figured out how to get the motion sensing game function working.  It's supposed to work like on a smart phone where you tilt it back and forth and you can control directions you want to go in a game, etc.

For $13, I believe it was a good purchase.

I'll report more on it when I get a chance to explore it further.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list