[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-10 15:47:26 | Show all posts
Edited by mctiew at 2019-12-10 15:51
Micolka replied at 2019-12-10 13:39
Dear friend.
Firstly, on the page of this set-top box itself, there is not a word about certificat ...

Dear we need to differentiate Google certification from Netflix certification.
Google certified does not mean Netflix certified.
In my little humble opinion, DRM L1 automatically means Google certified. However, it does not mean it is Netflix certified. Netflix certification is basically the Netflix imposes on the servers. If the client throws certain serial number which they don't like, then they consider the box is not certified.

Some Google certified boxes are Netflix certified and some are not.  Feel free to correct me. TQ.

This box, is definitely NOT Netfflix certified.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-11 19:30:51 | Show all posts
mctiew replied at 2019-12-10 15:47
Dear we need to differentiate Google certification from Netflix certification.
Google certified do ...

My dear friend, thank you for your question. Although I am no more than yours, I understand this issue. After reading many articles, I found out for myself the following.

Here's an excerpt on Widevine technology.

Widevine is a Content Decryption Module (CDM) for digital rights management (DRM) used by Google Chrome web browser, Android MediaDRM, Android TV, and other consumer electronics devices.  Widevine Technologies was purchased by Google in 2010. Widevine technologies use various encryption schemes and hardware security to securely distribute video content to consumer devices according to rules defined by content owners. Widevine is free to use by content providers and as such does not charge any fees for license generation or device integration.

That is, roughly speaking, this is a technology for protecting content from unauthorized transfer (copying) from one device to another. And not as it is not a device certification.

For a device to be certified by Google, it must meet Google’s requirements. The document is called the Mobile Application Distribution Agreement, or MADA.
The manufacturer of this device, you must transfer this device for software verification to Google itself. And if Google does not find various holes, viruses, root rights, etc. in the software of this device Then she will issue a certificate of compliance with the MADA parameters. And it will glow on Google play as a certified device. And the company will fall into the golden list of companies that have passed certification. Since this service is not free.

As for Netflix, then you are correct for Netflix to work. You must be certified at Netflix itself.

Yes, here are the requirements of one of the OKKO online cinemas. According to his requirements, the device must be certified by Google.
OKKO setting.png

How to check certification on Google play?

Go to google play settings
Screenshot_20191211-131311.png

We go to the very bottom and click on the inscription. Screenshot_20191211-131340.png

We click on the links of the list of certified manufacturers.
Screenshot_20191211-142618.png

Screenshot_20191211-131439.png

As you can see, Beelink is absent here.
Screenshot_20191211-131451.png

Screenshot_20191211-131500.png

Yes, I ask everyone to excuse me, possibly for my clumsy English, since I write my posts through the Google translator.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-12 18:25:51 From the mobile phone
Micolka replied at 2019-12-11 19:30
My dear friend, thank you for your question. Although I am no more than yours, I understand this i ...

Thank you for the elaborate information, which I do learn many new things from it.

However, I don't think third party video applications ( such as netflix ) are concerned about device 'Google play store certification'. You can see from this article, you can get your device certified using this method :-

https://www.androidsage.com/2018/03/29/fix-device-is-not-certified-by-google-error-on-play-store/

Video applications providers will not depend on this certification if this certification can be so easily "fixed", right ?
Support Not support

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-12 18:33:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My dear friend, thank you for your question. Although I am no more than yours, I understand this i ...

Thank you for the elaborate information, which I do learn many new things from it.

However, I don't think third party video applications ( such as netflix ) are concerned about device 'Google play store certification'. You can see from this article, you can get your device certified using this method :-

https://www.androidsage.com/2018/03/29/fix-device-is-not-certified-by-google-error-on-play-store/

Video applications providers will not depend on this certification if this certification can be so easily "fixed" or "worked around", right ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-12 18:43:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Video applications providers will not depend on this certification if this certification can be so easily "fixed", right ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-12 19:55:20 | Show all posts

However, I think third party video applications ( such as netflix ) are concerned about this so-called device 'Google certification. You can see from this article, any device can easily overcome this certification problem :-

'https://www.androidsage.com/2018/03/29/fix-device-is-not-certified-by-google-error-on-play-store/

If I am a video application provider, will I depend on this certification if this certification can be easily "fixed" or "worked around" ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-13 09:55:15 | Show all posts
Does Beelink update their firmware often?
Because I need some of my apps to work better.
Some apps works but are missing features like vanced YouTube and catmouse.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-27 22:53:13 | Show all posts
Edited by zachidro at 2019-12-28 01:40

Thank you very much Beelink for your V203P0 OTA update to Beelink Gt1 mini 2. Now I`ve nostv.pt working correctly my principal app outside my home in Portugal.

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list