View: 4420|Reply: 2

Beelink Mini MXiii - Firmware problems - HELP!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-05 23:13:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there,

I've just got a new Beelink Mini MXiii android TV box.

It comes with "LightHome V1.1.1" launcher pre-installed from factory, as well as "DroidLogic System V5.1.1-20160425".

I hate the pre-installed launcher and the rubbish settings menu that comes with it, and want to strip it off and use the android STOCK home menu and settings.

I've tried to disable the above 2 apps, but ALL options except "Force Stop" are greyed out in the "App Info" menu, so I can't.

I've gone into MENU - SECURITY - DEVICE ADMINISTRATORS and the "LightHome" app has admin access. However if I try to un-tick it, it doesn't work. It just stays ticked, whereas other apps give me the option to disable admin rights to them.

I believe there is one way around this which is to boot in safe mode, but I can't find how to boot in safe mode from an android tv box, as there's no hard buttons and no option to press and hold the "Shut Down" option on-screen.

***Can anyone tell me how to get into safe mode, please? OR how to get rid of these two apps/launchers so I can use my box as I want to use it???

Thanks in advance!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-07 23:20:27 | Show all posts
95 people have now viewed this post and nobody knows how to disable these two apps?

I've also emailed Beelink who have not come back to me and don't answer the phone.

Starting to think I've made a mistake buying a Beelink product!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-10-17 08:02:02 | Show all posts
beelinkmk2 replied at 2016-10-07 23:20
95 people have now viewed this post and nobody knows how to disable these two apps?

I've also email ...

no way to disable it just install nova launcher or other launcher you like it....
MINI MXIII (died), MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I, MINIX U1
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list