12Next
Return to list New
View: 3830|Reply: 11

Pressing "OK" key at LG TV remote will powers on this TV Box...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-09 04:20:36 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Luccasforza at 2019-07-09 04:55

I've got a brand new LG TV. When pressing "OK" key at TV remote (the central button, between direction keys), the TV Box become powered on...

And when TV Box is on, pressing this key is like pressing (at TV Box remote) a combination of "up arrow" and "OK" key.

This incompatibility with one of most sold TV brands is not a minor matter.

It's really annoying that TV Box becomes power on continously, when you want it rests power off.

Any solution for this?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-07-09 15:04:41 | Show all posts
Sorry, there is no solution to this problem. You can unplug the GT-King power supply when you are not using it, and you can reduce the loss on the machine.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-07-09 21:45:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Luccasforza at 2019-07-10 00:46
beelink replied at 2019-07-09 15:04
Sorry, there is no solution to this problem. You can unplug the GT-King power supply when you are no ...

"You can unplug the GT-King"... Nice answer, dude...

But maybe should been better to say something like "did you must return the GT-King to the seller and write huge bad reviews", or "why did you bought this piece of expensive bull sh*t, asshole?"...

Nothing about "sorry, Beelink has had to test if IR system is compatible (or if it interferences) with most mainstream TV devices before to produce GT-King, but didnt does that. Why??? Because costumers can unplug the device, man!!!"

Surrealism...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-10 14:40:56 | Show all posts
Edited by intrepixx at 2019-07-10 14:43

There is a solution to this problem as I have an LG OLED55BP6 and I didn't like the remote that came with the GT-King as my hands are just too big to deal with it.  I went to Amazon and bought 2 as I have another GT-King coming so I know it works straight out of the box, no teaching, or loading anything.
The Remote is a WeChip G20 and it sells for $ 21.99 in Canadian currency.   
This is an airmouse remote and all functions are perfectly matched with the GT-King airmouse remote without doing anything.   I really do love the Wechip G20 and I think you will like it more than the original.   The Wechip G20 remote will not shut off or turn on you LG tv as the power button does on the GT-King remote.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-07-10 20:12:03 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
intrepixx replied at 2019-07-10 14:40
There is a solution to this problem as I have an LG OLED55BP6 and I didn't like the remote that came ...

It is the other way around: the TV remote (the IR one, not the smart one) powers on the TV Box.

And your airmouse remote is nice, but it must to use IR to power the TV Box, is not posible to do that by the USB dongle...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-10 23:28:39 | Show all posts
Luccasforza replied at 2019-07-10 20:12
It is the other way around: the TV remote (the IR one, not the smart one) powers on the TV Box.

A ...

I plugged the power into the box, the box powered up, came on without the remote so the tv remote is not used since it powered up, I left it on.  If I am going away for any length of time, I simply unplug the power to the box and when I return, plug it back it and it powers up, no remote, no problem.  The Wechip G20 does everything else 100% and it doesn't shut the LG Tv off when you press any of the buttons.  So, the question is which problem would you rather have ?   I still don't know why Beelink can't come up with a remote with a number pad so you can change channels without running up and down the entire channel selector.  Perhaps they might consider coming up with a numbered remote with bigger buttons as the power button on the remote is tiny and the other buttons are too close together for a person who has big hands, big fingers.  Not all of us are Asians with smaller hands and fingers.  There comes a point where smaller is not better as it has to be practical, functional and work without issues like the Wechip G20

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-07-11 17:03:56 | Show all posts
intrepixx replied at 2019-07-10 23:28
I plugged the power into the box, the box powered up, came on without the remote so the tv remote  ...

Thank you for your comments, we will carefully consider

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-11 22:00:27 | Show all posts
intrepixx replied at 2019-07-10 14:40
There is a solution to this problem as I have an LG OLED55BP6 and I didn't like the remote that came ...

Hi, with this remote control are you able to see the notifify pull down menu?
I appreciate your answer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-12 04:56:29 | Show all posts
Acacius replied at 2019-07-11 22:00
Hi, with this remote control are you able to see the notifify pull down menu?
I appreciate your an ...

To articlulate on which remote we are talking about, its the Wechip G20 remote that I am referring to now.

The Wechip G20 can and does work with all aspects of the Beelink GT-King and there is no risk to buying one from Amazon as you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.  I am saying this to eliminate any doubt as I have purchased 2 of these Wechip remotes as I have 2 - Beelink GT King boxes. and I have no intentions of returning these remotes.  I just wish Beelink would provide options or make a remote with a number panel so you could switch from any channel to any channel without running up and down the entire list of channels.  It would allow you to simply go from any channel to any channel simply by typing in the channel number and pressing ok.   I'm not a promoter, seller nor have any fiscal interests in misleading anyone for any reason.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-12 05:19:46 | Show all posts
The Wechip remote control works on all aspects of the Beelink GT-King with the exception of powering it on.
It will power it off if you place the air mouse arrow over the OFF icon which is on the lower left of the main screen of the GT-King.   I'm not sure as to why my posts are being moderated and excepted from posting ?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list