View: 6635|Reply: 9

Remote

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-03 07:56:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to the whole beelink android box game. Just wondered what remote you guys are using and how well they are working? The basic IR one that you get with the box is functional, but hellish when you need to type/search/move mouse... I was looking at maybe a minix neo A2... anyone use this? Can it wake the box withe the same IR signal as the packaged remote? I also tried setting up dual shock 3 PS3 controller but failed. Sixaxis does not seem to be supported by the firmware... anyone got a good work around or can suggest a good gaming pad that will work? Thanks in advance.
Mike.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Read Only

Credits
Post time 2016-10-03 08:43:37 | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-03 21:27:10 | Show all posts
I'm using a Minix Neo A2 Lite and the Power On/Off button DOESN'T work....everything else works though....so it's still useful and a lot better than the original remote...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-03 21:58:25 | Show all posts
Rii  i8 plus with backlit LED works sweet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-04 00:06:45 | Show all posts
Mele F10 Deluxe works fine, the on/off button works fine with this box (not IR, but air mousel), and you can also use the IR learning function if you need it, I haven't try in GT1 but it was not working for Beelink MXQ S85.

All buttons are properly mapped, HOME..., and you can additionaly use IR learning fucntion to clone main keys in your TV or AV receiver remote.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-04 07:09:37 | Show all posts
Thanks guys, I think I'll try out the Mele deluxe. Should get high WAF rating. Does anyone use the box for gaming or is it a bit limited in that dept? Was thinking of maybe N64 mario kart or something like that. Anyone had any luck with gaming controllers?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-17 23:45:01 | Show all posts
BeerBelly replied at 2016-10-03 21:27
I'm using a Minix Neo A2 Lite and the Power On/Off button DOESN'T work....everything else works thou ...

I also have a Minix Neo A2 Lite, and really wish there was a way to get the power button working. It's annoying that the GT1 doesn't have a power button on the box itself, and it's very annoying to need the original remote just to turn on/wake up.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-19 13:27:14 | Show all posts
I personally don't see any benefit in turning the box off.
It uses very little electricity when inactive, probably just as little as when sleeping.
I always leave it on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-19 14:06:23 | Show all posts
Does Rii i7 work well with the GT1? Can you turn it on and off with the power-button on the remote?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-20 01:23:53 | Show all posts
Edited by AndroidMan at 2016-10-20 01:25

Although I do not have another remote to compare to, I am liking my air mouse remote with built in microphone that I purchased on eBay for $12.72

It has a full keyboard on the back, 6 gyros for use in gaming, and built in microphone that works with voice enabled android apps.

Some notes:
1) Red power button seems to put GT1 in sleep mode and LED on front of GT1 goes off (this only functions, I believe, when you do not have the air mouse in mouse mode.
2) Microphone works well, but for some reason you do not get the the microphone icon in Google search within Chrome or other browsers.  It is there for search only with Google app.
3) I have not experimented with use of gyros for game manipulation yet so not sure how well it works
4) Instructions are not detailed enough for me, have to experiment on your own a bit.
5) This forum will not seem to allow me to post the link to the remote, so just search eBay for air mouse with microphone (or voice input) and you'll only find about three models, some take two aaa batteries and one other recharges.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list