Beeklink GT1-A Ultimate - Youtube problems

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-05-22 02:44:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by pacm at 2019-05-24 03:45

Hi
I own a new Beelink GT1-A Ultimate box and in youtube there are some videos (4k HDR 60fds) that causes the image to stop (freeze) while the sound continues playing.
In some other videos the image passes from 4K to low definition during payback after a while.

Is this normal?

Best regards
EDIT PS: Since my box is new (last model), it is the GT1-A model. Can you please move this thread to the GT1-A thread?

Additional Info:
I'm playing youtube using the default aplication that cames with the box.
Yesterday I notice that this problems only occurs when using the box connected to RJ45. Using WIFI (to the same router) the problem don't shows up.

Is not problem of network cable and router since I tested with diferent cables and router inputs.

If you do a search in youtube (in tne box), by "4K HDR 60fps", one of the videos that switch the box from 4K to lower definition after playing a while is the video "COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD). This video shows a green snake in a red flower.

Playing this video, it starts in 4k, but after a while a black screen apears and the box switchs to lower definition.

I will apreciate if you can do a test with a GT1-A playing this video using RJ45 and WIFI.

Now I'm at work so later at home I can give more examples.

Best Regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-05-22 11:40:46 | Show all posts
Are you watching online through software or a browser? Is all video like this or only part of the video? Can I send the video to us for testing? We can make some corrections based on this.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-05-22 18:47:07 | Show all posts

Hi
I'm playing youtube using the default aplication that cames with the box.
Yesterday I notice that this problems only occurs when using the box connected to RJ45. Using WIFI (to the same router) the problem don't shows up.

Is not problem of network cable and router since I tested with diferent cables and router inputs.

If you do a search in youtube (in tne box), by "4K HDR 60fps", one of the videos that switch the box from 4K to lower definition after playing a while is the video "COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD). This video shows a green snake in a red flower.

Playing this video, it starts in 4k, but after a while a black screen apears and the box switchs to lower definition.

I will apreciate if you can do a test with a GT1 playing this video using RJ45 and WIFI.

Now I'm at work so later at home I can give more examples.

Best Regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-05-23 23:53:49 | Show all posts
Hi
My internet connection is 100Mpbs bidirecional (upload/download) and if I connect my Beelink GT1-A by ethernet cable to this high speed connection the problems mentioned occurs (video switching from 4K to low resolution or video freezes while sound continues). With this is like if the box/youtube application is not able to deal with videos in 4K 60fps over high speed internet connections.

Connecting the box to a lower speed connection (i.e. 10-20Mpbs) the quality of the video reduces and the problem not occcurs (since the box is not dealing with full 4k 60fps resolution).

Can you please correct this bug in youtube/firmware in playing 4K 60fps videos over high speed internet connections, in order to avoid these two problems?
1) Youtube starts in 4k and then after a while the screen goes black and then video switchs to lower definition
2) Youtube starts in palying video in 4k and then de imagem freezes and sound continues

As I mentioned my box is GT1-A Ultimate and not GT1 Ultimate.

Best Regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list