Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 3119|Reply: 7

M1 wont power on

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-04-19 19:52:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
i tried to add more memory. 1Tb M.2 ssd as i saw a post that it should be able to handle that amount. that installed fine but i couldnt get the securing screw in as the upstand threaded end was too small for the screw. after much googling i found this should be a standard size screw yet mine was just too big. i took another pc apart to find the same size screw but even that wouldnt fit yet the new screw that came with the memory fit in the pc upstand thread so knew the screw didnt have any bad threads so ruled that out. due to only finding the same size screws avalible to buy i carfuly drilled the upstand on the board slightly bigger to accept the screw to which it now did. i added a tiny amount of super glue to the side of the screw to keep it in place once the card was installed. i made sure the motherboard and case was clean from any metal from drilling and re assembled the case. once the power and all other cables were re attached i tried to turn on the pc but nothing happened, no power light, nothing coming on the tv screen. i pressed the power button many times but nothing worked even tried the reset button but nothing. i checked the power adaptor in another device to make sure it wasnt faulty even tho it was fine the day before but that was working fine. i know i didnt touch the board with the drill bit or anything to damage the board. i took out the new memory and screw to think that was that at fault but no it still wont power on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-04-25 02:11:59 | Show all posts
Edited by BobSmith8768 at 2019-04-25 02:17

Did you get this resolved? I had thought that you must have somehow inadvertently shorted something out. It doesn't take much for those little systems. I'm considering going forward with the purchase of a M.2 2242 SSD upgrade but your experience has made me wary.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-04-25 16:25:37 | Show all posts
sadly no. i was hoping for some replies now easter is over and the kids are back at school. i know from another post that 512GB was tested and worked so theoretically 1TB should work. i would check the stand off to make sure it will accept the screw as this was my main problem until i drilled the hole bigger which clearly it didnt like. if the screw fits you shouldnt have a problem. being such a small screw its not like you can go to the DIY shop to get one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-04-26 02:09:40 | Show all posts
Sorry to hear.  Maybe if Beelink responds they might offer to repair it or try to. But that may be more of a hassle than it's worth. If I ever upgrade I'll keep your experience in mind.  Thanks for the reply and again, sorry about what happened.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-04-26 02:41:58 | Show all posts
i gave up waiting for beelink to answer and sent them a email for help. from their reply they didnt even read it properly. now this gets complex for just adding a ssd.
they told me
The new SSD needs to be formatted before it can be used.
You need to boot the system from the USB flash drive and format the SSD after entering the system.
Then install the system into the SSD
they did give me the link to download windows and pdf instructions for installing windows after doing the above
as i guessed it wouldnt work due to the pc not powering on. so now there response was that the motherboard can be judged to be broken. still waiting to see if they reply as my pc is only 4 months old

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-04-26 21:39:16 | Show all posts
beelinks new response to why it wont power on is that the glue is possibly to blame. whatever the fault is its now just a paperweight and have ordered a N1 so lets hope this is easy to add the new memory

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-04-28 18:31:35 | Show all posts
damien4482 replied at 2019-04-26 02:41
i gave up waiting for beelink to answer and sent them a email for help. from their reply they didnt  ...

Sorry, my colleague may have misunderstood what you mean. If you check the power supply, there is no problem. When you press the power button, will the machine's indicator light be on? If it is not lit, it may be hardware damage, or the cable is not connected successfully. If you can, I hope you can provide pictures or videos to us so that we can better judge what is wrong.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-04-29 00:54:25 | Show all posts
from there first email response it did seem like they didnt fully understand or fully read what was written.
yes theres no power light once you try and turn it on. no monitor activity and i know the power source works perfectly fine as i tried it in another device and the pc worked perfectly before trying to install the ssd. as the unit didnt work with my brand new ssd i removed it so dont have any pictures. once removed the unit still fails to turn on no power light and no monitor activity.
i have now bought a N41 and installed the same ssd into that and that installed windows and runs just fine so i can also rule out the ssd being at fault.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list