View: 2354|Reply: 0

GT1 Kodi + tvheadend service = problem?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-09-24 21:11:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
My GT1 is most probably causing strange effect on my tvheadend server.
I have LibreElec (alpha 7.90.005) and tvheadend (4.1.2236) running in another miniPC and every time I connect with GT1 to TVH the next few scheduled records misses their timings. This sounds really strange and improbable. The timings has been set by other computers, not by GT1. But, after one week of testing I realized that everytime I power on GT1 and use its kodi the effect is on. When I connect to TVH server with my tablets, smart phones, different computers, KODIs on different systems and TVs none of them have ever had any unwanted effect on my system but this new GT1 is causing this very strange phenomenon.

1) Has anyone else noticed any problems with GT1 and LE/TVH?
2) Have anyone checked that does GT1 send to network something that messes up the system or is there any unauthorized traffic caused by GT1?

I have not installed ANY extra software to GT1. It is exactly in the state it was when I received it from gearbest. Therefore there is no possibility that I would have installed something weird. I do not know if the included addons in kodi can cause sniffing effect to network or feed strange code to TVH. As you know kodi comes with bunch of installed addons that are not in kodi by default and are not included in normal standard addons library. My concern is that GT1 is contaminated by mistake (or in purpose) with something that for example sniff the network and "call home" or alike. My Cisco firewall has NOT alerted me of any suspicious traffic in or out of my network (at least not yet).

If you @Beelink use outsourced coding please check the sources once more before you publish the next firmwares that there is not any unintended included. Sorry if this sounds a bit paranoid but this is so new system and Android 6 and kodi has been heavily forked that there can be something that has not met the eye yet.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list