123Next
Return to list New
View: 13031|Reply: 29

GT1 MINI list of known problems, list of addressed ones.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-12 15:21:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Phant0m`` at 2019-01-18 19:30

As of firmware version 115N0, nothing that was reported here have been addressed yet.

1) OTA (Over-The-Air) firmware upgrades works great! Would only suggest that the Display screen position, zoom setting is saved and restored after OTA upgrade! Bit annoying to have to keep customizing this when one really shouldn't be needing to!

2) Weather Widget on the home screen, isn't updating even though the box is with active Internet connection.  ( REPORTED TO BEELINK )   |   Note: This affects not only Beelink GT1 MINI boxes, it affects GT1 Ultimate and other boxes with weather widget!

3) HDMI-CEC
  • HDMI-CEC settings seems to be missing after the latest v114N0 ( 27th December 2018 ) firmware upgrade. I'm in hopes that this is just a bug or a temporary thing, because I do customize HDMI-CEC settings on my old GT1 Ultimate box. ( REPORTED TO BEELINK )
  • Using a TV Remote and pressing OK doesn't behave like it should anymore. For instance on the Beelink GT1 Mini home screen, pressing TV Remote OK button, the shortcut selection on home screen goes up by 1 then executes missing entirely what I'm wanting to launch. ( REPORTED TO BEELINK )

4) Wireless Mini Keyboard
Text Input field submissions.. Whether you searching for something in Google Play Store, or in a browser, or you typing to search Kodi for something. Using Wireless Mini Keyboard, ' OK ' and ' Enter ' buttons no longer has submission actions. Makes using Wiresless Mini Keyboard on GT1 Mini useless for the time being.  ( REPORTED TO BEELINK )

5) Beelink Voice Control Remote, inserts the letter q when it should be submission action like seen using ' Enter ', or ' OK ' buttons.

6) Beelink GT1 MINI while in sleep mode, continues to wake up about every 4 minutes or close to it. Brief as it is..., it repeatedly does it and bit annoying since it's at the foot of my bed hooked up to my TV and through the entire night the power light is bright enough to wake me up from light sleep.  ( REPORTED TO BEELINK )  |   Note: I thought this might be specific to the v114N0 firmware upgrade, but I've reloaded v113N0 with same symptoms.

7) Unable to copy, or move files and folders to USB drive, or SD card using X-plore File Manager. Error message every-time below.    ( REPORTED TO BEELINK )

Failed writing...
   No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.os.storage.action.OPEN_EXTERNAL_DIRECTORY (has extras) }

8) Location enabled & LightHome screen flickerings

I was curious to why people's LightHome was flickering. People reported that enabling Locations would cause this. However I wasn't able to reproduce this experiences with firmware versions 113N0 or114N0 when enabling the Location.

There's still no proof that this flicker is even related to Weather issue. However what I had discovered is that if ' Color Depth Settings ' is enabled, the flickering is non-existent. Turning it off, the flickering to different degrees (quick, long) randomly starts happening. It can even generate noises, so It's not just the picture affected.

Also if you have HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour feature set onto your TV, It may mask the severity of the issue.

Beelink GT1 Mini (95X2) w/CoreELEC & Android 9 (Pie)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-12 19:43:25 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
2 and  4 happens to me too...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-12 19:44:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Voice control far from being optimal...it rarely catches word or phrase

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-12 19:45:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I don't use cec so cannot comment on that..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-13 05:40:16 | Show all posts

If the update doesn't come soonest, it's a total disgrace 114 no.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-01-13 06:21:33 | Show all posts
mechul replied at 2019-01-12 17:40
If the update doesn't come soonest, it's a total disgrace 114 no.

Beelink will have an update for us anytime now. To address the Weather widget issue, but they likely address other issues with it. :P

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2019-01-13 09:58:45 | Show all posts
These Amlogic S905X2 boxes also seem to have a problem with SNR on the USB OTG port. When I first tried ripping the partitions from my KM9, it took a good dozen tries to get a successful read. Upgrading to a better quality braided USB cable with a ferrite core seemed to fix the problem for me, though.

Here's what worked for me: https://www.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_009298937892.html

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2019-01-13 10:07:29 | Show all posts
Also, issues #4 & #5 are caused because the copy of Generic.kl on the vendor partition didn't get the fix for the Enter key (key 28), which should be coded to ENTER and not DPAD_CENTER.

To fix this, just copy /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl -> /vendor/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl in TWRP File Manager.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-01-13 16:40:00 | Show all posts
*** Added new problem to original topic. #7

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-15 16:04:57 | Show all posts
Problems 2 and 3.1 same here. Also my home screen is doing wierd thing. All apps and widgets disapears for about 4sec and then they apear again. After few minutes it will happen again. I have latest update instaled. And another thing, on KODI i can not select 4K res. It is only optional in main setiings of the box. Can somebody confirm, that with this settings (kodi at 1080p 60hz, box in 4k60hz) displayed image on UHD TV will be in 4K? Thank you very much and sorry for my english :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list