My Review of Beelink GT1 Mini

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-07 03:35:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Phant0m`` at 2019-01-12 03:40

Hi friends!

I was one of the lucky people to have received Christmas gift from Beelink ( http://www.bee-link.com/forum.ph ... iewthread&tid=43432 ). I was giving Beelink GT1 mini & BT3 Pro II mini-PC.

Package arrived on Monday, December 31, 2018 and It just happened to be on my Birthday! :)

I've only just unpackaged it couple of nights ago and hooked up Beelink GT1 mini. Here's some details of the product I'm now playing with;

Beelink GT1 mini
----------------------
   Dimensions: 77mm*77mm*17mm ( Length * Width * Height )
             CPU: S905x2 Quad-core ARM® Cortex™-A53 processor
         Display: HDMI 2.0a output up-to 4K @ 60Hz
        Memory: 4 GB
         Storage: 64 GB

Wireless: WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5.8G
        Ethernet: LAN 1000Mbps

Interfaces: 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI A-Type, 1x RJ45 (1000Mbps)
              1x AV(CVBS) Jack, 1x TF Card Port, 1x DC-in Port.

OS Platform: Android Version: 8.1 ( Oreo )

More product details.. visit Bee-link GT1 Mini Official product page: http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-MiniPC-TV-BOX-123-1.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Bee-link - Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHBJhnCH2k                 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first Beelink product was the GT1 Ultimate G912, but previous to owning one, I had cheap boxes that were unstable and had a very limited life expectancy.

Fortunately, I kept up-to-date with recommended boxes, and discovered Beelink, and narrowed my options to just two different boxes that I would eventually pick and buy from. Android TV Media Streaming boxes started getting lot of attention and more and more people becoming aware of them.

My neighbour wanted one, so I've giving the two options. I suggested to go with Beelink, and this person did. When it arrived, I've set it up, and was actually the first time that I've actually played with a Beelink box. I liked it so much that I've recommended several since! To this date, one Standard and several Ultimate G912 boxes and so far none has reported it failing.

Based on my experiences with a GT1 Standard and countless Ultimate G912 boxes, here's what I can say.

* Buying quality box, stable and long-lasting even under long-term strenuous use.

* You have Beelink Technical support, company that doesn't abandon its customers like I've seen so many do.

* OTA (Over-The-Air) firmware upgrades that seems to keep on giving! TF Card firmware packages for patched releases and full image file for complete USB flash upgrading.

What do I think about Beelink GT1 MINI?

* First, I'm very impressed with its small size.

* Weight to size ratio is great. I can tell it's quality box!

* Love this Beelink Voice Remote Control (2.4G+IR). Alright, so I have a few things to say about this...;

• Most importantly, loving the fact you don't need to be up-close to the box and pointing the Beelink Remote Control directly towards the box. You can actually be a ways off and point in the opposite direction and still control the box.
  • Comfortable grip of the remote is very important. Let me say this... Beelink has a very comfortable Remote Control now! Fits impressively in one's hand and providing comfortable operation.
  • Voice Control via Google Assistance... now Beelink just showing off! How great is that? Now you can control your Beelink box with Voice commands! HEY WAIT?!?! What happened to mouse support? I must be overlooking something? LOL!

* USB v3 support! How cool!!! Won't be no issues playing my 4K samples from USB flash anymore! LOL!

* 'TRUE 4K' !!! You have 4K TV, you get True 4K playback! No more 1080p on 4K TV! https://www.iadea.com/why-4k-players-are-not-all-true-4k/

* 5.8G WiFi! The primary differences between the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies are range and bandwidth. 5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance, whereas 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds.

Other comments;

* System & Apps - STABLE!

* Kodi Media Player installs nicely and functions very smoothly!

* Automatically detected upon first boot a firmware upgrade, and downloaded, installed without issue. I've also forced the checking and update of the next, and grabbed, installed successfully that one also. There was still one more firmware upgrade existing, and that too downloaded and installed successfully.

... I will also be posting on the Beelink GT1 MINI forum some firmware related problems, and including hyperlink below to it. Stay tuned!
....... GT1 MINI list of known problems, and list of addressed ones ~ http://www.bee-link.com/forum.ph ... iewthread&tid=44704

Last Revised: 2019-01-12

Beelink GT1 Mini (95X2) w/CoreELEC & Android 9 (Pie)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-01-14 10:18:59 | Show all posts
Phant0m`` replied at 2019-01-12 15:40
*** Updated my original post.

Great comment! Regarding the issues mentioned in the comments, we have notified the R&D department and will deal with them as soon as possible.:)
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-07 19:01:22 | Show all posts
Перестала работать гео локация, голосовой поиск. Стал исчезать на 1-2 секунды лаунчер. На запрос обновления отвечает что последняя версия. Хотя установлена 111NO ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-01-12 15:40:59 | Show all posts
*** Updated my original post. :lol

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-01-14 10:27:09 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2019-01-13 22:18
Great comment! Regarding the issues mentioned in the comments, we have notified the R&D department ...

Thank you very much Beelink!

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies |Upload

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list