Return to list New
View: 3474|Reply: 10

Dead Hard drive. Just return it to seller for REFUND

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 00:09:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
After fighting this Beelink I have heard back from Beelink by email for what to do about Software updates killing mSATA internal hard drives. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello,  friend
Thank you for your details andfeedback.
Due to a Microsoft update error, theSSD of the machine burned out, so the installation disk could not be detectedwhen the system was installed, and only stayed in the BIOS interface.
Because our system is installed onthe MSATA SSD. For this issue, it is recommended to replace it with a newMSATA, then format it and reinstall the system.
Best regards
file:///C:/Users/micha/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.png
beelinkservice@bee-link.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 01:47:29 | Show all posts
i doubt any update can kill ssd drive pernamently. it must be low quality ssd failure. if i'm wrong link please, internet should already know about it, right?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-20 04:46:18 | Show all posts
Excuse me. But do you see the sheer numbers of people complaining about dead mSATA SSD drive going bad when Windows does an update. Besides Beelink REFUSED WARRANTY REPAIR FOR A NEW UNIT WITH ONLY 3 HOURS ON IT. What can't you read a copy of Beelinks own service email. Are you that stupid?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 05:13:57 | Show all posts
no, i don't see them. i saw 1 (one!) guy on this forum complaining about windows update, but he's ssd is alive after windows recovery installation. afair you are the only one with PERNAMENTLY damaged ssd. for beelink it's comfortable to say it's microsoft fault, we won't repair / exchange ssd. i don't see anywhere on internet complaining about PERNAMENTLY damaged ssd drives by windows update. for me it's low-end ssd fail. you were unlucky, that's it. just return it to seller and buy something else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-20 07:16:54 | Show all posts
Regardless of You opinion. I have a Warranty Issue with a New Unit that Warranty Service was REFUSED. I will make this public. I will express my dissatisfaction over a broken mSSD . I do have a right to express this problem to as many people as I can. I will also attempt to Warn as many people as possible to Not purchase any Beelink products because Beelink does NOT Honor their Warranty. You have not only lost face but have no face.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 15:53:56 | Show all posts
try to replug ssd in msata socket and use live usb like partitian magic, maybe it can be fixed. where did you buy it? make warranty claim to your seller, if declined use chargeback / paypal protection. they can't say our hardware fails because of windows update. there is no proof of that, just words.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-21 15:02:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I used Windows Recovery Thumbdrive and revived my Gemini X45 successfully

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-27 05:20:23 | Show all posts
I tried everything I can think of to revive my drive. All failed. My drive is locked in a Read Only state. I even tried  tried DOS commands .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-27 05:47:54 | Show all posts
The real problem for me is that shipping and import fees to China are going to cost me more than I paid for my Gemini X 45.   

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-28 05:12:35 | Show all posts
Never mind. I got an internal SATA 3 SSD working without removing the broken MSATA drive.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list