View: 4293|Reply: 8

Need help with Gemini X45

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-30 06:48:41 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
I rolled back my graphics drivers now I have no signal on my monitor making it unable to factory reset or do anything else for that matter.  Is there a way to factory reset this box or enter BIOS when turning it on when you don't have a display

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2018-10-30 11:00:57 | Show all posts
hi
Please check the following reasons for your question:
1. The machine is powered up normally and the start button lights up in blue.
2. The HDMI cable is not in good contact with the machine. Try plugging in again and select the correct source.
3. If you have made the wrong BIOS settings, you can unplug the CMOS battery, short-circuit the positive and negative terminals of the motherboard CMOS interface, and reset the BIOS settings.
4. Reinstall the system.
best regards
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-30 11:03:28 | Show all posts
Try holding down the ESC or DEL key on your USB keyboard before pressing the power button.  I don't know if this will work with a wireless keyboard.

I'm not affiliated with Beelink, but I do own an X55.

YMMV

-DB

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-30 11:11:18 | Show all posts
Also:  Unplug the power supply from the unit; open the unit; unplug the battery from the circuit board (should be quite obvious); briefly short the pins together with a short piece of wire; plug the battery back in; plug the power supply back in; try to start the unit with the power button.  This will clear the CMOS/BIOS setting, which may or may not help.

-DB

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-10-30 15:29:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Let me try to be more clear,  the device is brand new just recieved it today. I have not made any changes to bios and the unit worked properly until I rolled back the graphics driver and rebooted the device now the tv says no signal.  I tried shorting the battery terminals to the mother board and tried holding esc and del key when powering up. The device appears to be working but my tv still says no signal. Still unable to do anything since I am unable to enter bios or windows

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-10-31 13:41:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Still no solution. Is this hopeless?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-01 12:26:32 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I finally solved my issue on my own, by hooking it to another tv. Apparently for some reason that I haven't figured out just yet the tv would not display the Gemini X45 in boot or repair mode it will only display in windows

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-01 12:28:31 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I solved it by hooking the pc to a samsung tv and then I could see the device booting up and I could see the options for entering setup and boot menu

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-07 01:29:32 | Show all posts
Hi,
if it can help people, I had a similar issue on my X45 and kymusician's solution was also the solution for me.
I am installing a home server under Debian. I started the debian install on a Panasonic TV. I had an unexpected power drop during the installl. Then I wanted to restart the Debian install from beginning. But I also change the tv and continued on a Samsung TV. And on the Samsung, I had only a black screen (no HDMI signal detected), letting think that the X45 was not booting at all with no access to the Bios. I tried all I could, including reseting the Bios. Reading the previous post, I went back to the Panasonic TV. And like a miracle, it was working.
Conclusion : the X45 has a very strange behavior.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list