Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 2511|Reply: 2

still no fix for transcoding mp4 with plex

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-08-16 02:47:12 | Show all posts |Read mode
Still no fix for transcoding mp4 with plex playback.

I posted this issue months ago and nothing was done to fix it. Please assist as the GS1 is almost useless to me at the moment.

The GS1 is unable to transcode video from plex and I am unable to play so many videos, please assist.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2018-08-16 11:22:43 | Show all posts
GS1 is capable of playing plex video
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-06 23:01:18 | Show all posts
Mordekaiser replied at 2018-08-16 05:22
GS1 is capable of playing plex video

Mostly yes but not if the GS1 is doing the transcoding for a lot of mp4 container video. I find it works only if the server does the transcoding (adding subtitles or changing the quality fixes it as it forces the server to do the work). When it has to transcode those it skips about 30 seconds of frames at a time and looks like the video is fast forwarding.  I tested with multiple video files and have been able to replicate it since. The same videos play perfect on computers and roku for example.

I have gotten used to changing the playback quality to watch those specific videos that has the issue so it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

I made piece with the non-existent support from bee-link for this. The GS1 isn't a total loss and otherwise it works pretty well but i will think twice before supporting bee-link again.  :(
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list