Post time 2016-09-23 13:47:59 | Show all posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-09-23 14:35:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
@beelink thank you for providing Mega link - I had already completed succesfully but external link is good!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-09-23 15:02:29 | Show all posts
Is that image file the full 20160919 version?

1. Root - THANK YOU!!
4. Back-up Skin from Kodi still does not work - USB and SD Card both seen, but will not write to either.
(Main Program Backup works - SKIN backup does not

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-09-23 17:21:36 | Show all posts

I've got the USB cable and I flashed the box, but after updating the box is blocked to the language selection with the mouse or the remote control respond for two seconds then everything morto.Entrando in recovery I still can not volume message screen / misc
there is still something I can do
before you send it back to gearbest
I keep it for a few hours is already aho many problems

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-09-23 22:37:44 | Show all posts

performing the flash yet another I managed to go more forward, going in the settings I enabled the wifi but suddenly crashed again as enabling wireless, so it will be really a problem at wireless.Mi will touch to send it by spending a lot of money gearbest, are Italian and send in China costs a lot, I am very displeased with this product beelink

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-09-24 05:59:28 | Show all posts
@misterx12 - suggest you try loading the full image (from the link in post #21)
Format an SD card in FAT32 and then copy the image file to the  root directory of the card.
Next, pull the power plug connector from back of the box;
Turn box upside down and insert a pin (or opened up paper-clip) through the hole - feel carefully for the switch - you should feel it click as you press on it;
With the tool, hold the switch down as you re-insert the power connector; you can release switch once logo appears;
That should load the complete image to your box, like it is starting fresh as delivered
Good Luck!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-09-24 18:35:03 | Show all posts
@DEcosse sorry not work my box wifi faulty
He took a friend of mine and one even after the firmware update has had the same block activation of wireless, he tried to use an image made for nexbox A5
where it found that actually post box works but the wireless dead.
I will after this experience I send in warranty gearbest, BUT NOT be purchasing NEVER A PRODUCT BEELINK DISAPPOINTED THAT ARE TOO BAD FOR AN UPDATE MI is DEAD THE WIRELESS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-09-24 22:50:39 | Show all posts
For me the update worked fine using the zip on sdcard.
I found an interesting thing, but that must have been there with the old firmware, too. I'm using an Xbox 360 wireless controller for games and emulators, and after I added the keylayout file to the system nearly everything works fine. But if I press left on the dpad, the box shows the power menu. I figured out that dpad left on Xbox 360 controller sends a keyevent with scancode 704, which is the code that is send by the "stock" remote as power. I wonder if there is something I can do against it - I don't know why the scancode from my wireless controller is handled as a keypress on the remote. Found nothing in keylayouts or character maps. If someone can help, I would be glad.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-09-25 00:17:46 | Show all posts
he tried to use an image made for nexbox A5

The nexbox uses a completely different chip for wifi and bluetooth so it's no surprise the wifi will not work if you try to load nexbox image in a Beelink box!!!!!!
You cannot blame Beelink for mistakes you are making.
The 'correct' firmware works so I'm sorry to say you are clearly doing something wrong and it is certainly not helping anything to load firmware from a different supplier who has different devices on their board.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-09-25 04:49:40 | Show all posts
DEcosse replied at 2016-09-25 00:17
The nexbox uses a completely different chip for wifi and bluetooth so it's no surprise the wifi wil ...

I've seen many people over at freaktab or 4pda do this without realizing the risks.  He might get lucky in getting a replacement from GearBest.

For me both the OTA and the img file worked to update my various boxes.  Root was needed for a long time so thanks to @beelink
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list