Author: Urajmal

Beelink BT7 does not power up

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-14 11:26:33 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The reseller . Aliexpress and "Beer professional Electronics Store"  are cheating on me because I have already given feedback and can not change it. Also the time limit to open a dispute (30 days) is finished
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-14 12:10:54 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
pdionisis replied at 2016-08-14 11:26
The reseller . Aliexpress and "Beer professional Electronics Store"  are cheating on me because I ha ...

Well it is not Beer but " Best professional Electronics Store ".

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-14 18:22:49 | Show all posts
Delay for a dispute is one thing, warranty is an other and I don't want to think it's 30 days only.

In both of your cases, those red/blue lights with no power up followed some mess in booting. I don't want to think it is by chance a defective piece of hardware.
Possibly a corrupted BIOS where are the very first commands to power up.
How to make a factory restore of the BIOS is the question.
On some motherboards there is a jumper to move which restore original BIOS from the ROM. I don't know is there is any equivalent here and only Beelink can answer.
Trying to remove-replace the cmos cell inside?
As far as I understand the RESET hole is for re-installing factory Windows 10 from the recovery partition so it won't help here.
By-the-way, how to use it properly? Maintained pushed while powerign up?
One wants to know if needed, to avoid wrong move.

I keep thinking this product has some very good points and I don't know of any piece of hardware which doesn't raise some problems from time to time. The difference is in the capacity for the manufacturer to provide support and it is clear Beelink needs to do better or this product will noe reach the popularity it deserves.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-14 19:39:13 | Show all posts
I can sympathize as I have the same problem. I bought the BT7 320G version in June, received in mid July. Works fine the first 2 week but later the WIFI module gone, have to rely on the LAN for internet. And then today, I cannot boot up, there is the red light. I bought it via Gearbest, I have written to them about the Wifi problem and never got a reply. I just wrote again to Gearbest on the failure to boot up. The hardware has obviously gone faulty. The inside build quality is definitely questionable, though it looks nice on outside. I don't think we will get our money back or even get a replacement unit. Very disappointed.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-14 22:02:11 | Show all posts
Edited by Barkeley at 2016-08-14 22:22

I still think it is worth trying to disconnect the CMOS cell because it is easy to do, can't make any harm if it doesn't fix it and anyway I have no idea about what else a user can try without the help of beelink. .:)

Be sure your beelink is disconnected from power supply.

Open the case. (you will find details and pictures on the cnx-software site looking for the review of the beelink bt7)

The CMOS cell is this black round cell connected to the motherboard with a pair of black-red wires.

Carefully unplug the wires from the motherboard.

Press the red power button of the beelink for about 10 seconds, this is about to empty any residual electrical capacity.

Replug the wires of the CMOS cell, close the box, plug the power supply and try to start....
(P.S.: unplugging-replugging the wires, it is better to remember which side is the red wire in case you can do it both sides)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-08-14 22:53:34 | Show all posts
Barkeley replied at 2016-08-14 22:02
I still think it is worth trying to disconnect the CMOS cell because it is easy to do, can't make an ...

Thanks for the hint!

I have already tried to drain complete electricity with disconnecting of CMOS battery. This is by far as I have get, and the box responds exactly the same as before.

I too have this thinking that the problem should lie in BIOS loading up the pre-needed settings of motherboard and corresponding hardware. I am hereby not blaming Beelink, as I believe those mini PCs are created to work out of the box, without any reinstallation or rebooting (I agree that this button is needed in emergency). But because of the closed architecture and final configuration, there is no need for further user manuals as this should work as it supposed to be. So I understand Beelink to not give to user any further advance manuals.

I have get respond from Gearbest and I will get a brush firmware and manuals in a couple of days from them. I will respond with the results.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-14 23:37:38 | Show all posts
Thanks Urajmal, I will look forward to it and hope it is a firmware issue, but without the machine being booted up, I am in a quandary as to how it can be done..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-08-15 15:24:16 | Show all posts
Syskitko, try to do it this way: Troubleshooting

Although on mine it does not work, you can still check on yours!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-08-15 21:30:41 | Show all posts
I too tried to disconnect the battery but it did not help.
I was led to red-blue led thing after booting with the pin pressed.
(I had other problems before with booting and it was my last resort to upgrade BIOS without
being able to load windows to upgrade from there)
If you look at the instructions of previous Beelink machines the pressing of the pin is part of
system upgrade procedure.

They just ignore us and don't provide it for BT3 - bt7
Maybe they will do provide it after 6 months or 6 years but they will have lost all their
customer base until then...

I am already one step before throwing the damn thing at the bin after countless  
hours trying to revive it

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-08-16 01:09:33 | Show all posts
pdionisis replied at 2016-08-15 21:30
I too tried to disconnect the battery but it did not help.
I was led to red-blue led thing after boo ...

Hei!

I believe I understand your pain!
But, lets rethink! There is no way to throw it in the trash, however I believe that someone from Beelink will eventually respond. Try to contact it on the email, and try good explain your problem. I believe Beelink is not  here to lose their customers. Even though, I believe they make a great hardware and most of their releases work. So there is not a little assumption in me, that they would not help you, if you buy their unit and it goes defect in a reasonable time.

Just keep trying and do your best, and you'll see your seeds grow!

Wish you all the luck!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list