View: 2189|Reply: 2

How to record 5.1 audio with BEELINK SEA 1

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-11-25 04:20:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
The main reason I bought the BEELINK SEA 1 was for the ability to record from streaming services with 5.1 audio. Apparently, many reviewers are clueless about the actual capabilities of this unit and are spreading disinformation. First, I was under the impression that it could record in 2160p. Second, it's also supposed to be able to record from a 5.1 audio source. Streaming services like Netflix and Amazon both offer titles in 2160p with 5.1 audio. When I record directly from either source the end recording is only in 1080p with 2.0 stereo audio. I have the output of my streaming box split with one side going to my preamp/processor and the other going to the SEA 1. All devices are HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 capable and the SEA 1 is configured with the HDMI 2.0 setting. Is there something I'm missing in the setup that's preventing the unit from recording 2160p with 5.1 audio or is this a fixed limitation of the device?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-01-27 22:03:17 | Show all posts
Seriously?  Nobody has an answer to this question?  Isn't this supposed to be the Beelink Support Forum?  It's two simple questions.  Can I record 5.1 audio and/or 2160p video via HDMI with the SEA 1 or not?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-02-08 06:05:39 | Show all posts
I'm afraid that it does not allow recording in 5.1.

None of the RTD1295 boxes from any manufacturer can do it.

Whether it is a hardware limitation I don't know but as none of the others have implemented it, I would not hold out any hope, especially as SEA I development is essentially discontinued.

There is a wizard over at Freaktab that is planning a custom firmware based upon 106, so perhaps he can implement it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list