View: 1936|Reply: 0

No audio in recordings

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-26 20:56:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just received my Beelink SEA I.  I upgraded it with a 500GB SSD after learning that it had to be formatted in a PC before the SEA I would recognize it.  I checked and it appears to have the latest firmware (I forget the version, but it's newer than the ones I've seen discussed here in the firmware upgrade threads).  I have been making some test recordings from Netflix and Amazon using a HDMI splitter to get around the HDCP issue.  One side of the splitter feeds my preamp/processor with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 and then gets sent to my 4k HDTV.  The other side of the splitter goes to the SEA I and then to a standard PC monitor with DVI input.  

I was able to record from Amazon through my Nvidia Shield to the SEA I.  The first recording had audio, but all subsequent recordings have been silent except for some random ticking noises.  I had the SEA I set to the original default settings for the first recording and noticed it was only 2-channel audio.  I want to be able to record 5.1 audio, which is the main reason I purchased this box.  When I started playing with the HDMI settings I could no longer get audio.  The properties of the recorded files all showed they only had 2-channel audio even though they had no sound.  HDMI is set for HDMI 2.0.  I don't recall if it was set for HDMI 1.4 when I made the first recording.

I also wanted to be able to record in 4k.  Many reviews I read of the SEA I indicated that this was possible, yet I don't see that option on the HDMI IN screen.  

1.  How can I get audio back?  What settings should I be using?

2.  Can I record 5.1 audio?

3.  Can I record in 4k?  Was this function removed in later firmware versions?

4.  Is Qodi the only way to play back my recorded media files or can I install third party add-ons or apps for a better experience?

5.  Is there any documentation or a users manual for this box?  I have very little experience using Android devices other than my phone so this is uncharted territory for me.  The lack of user information is making the user experience far less than enjoyable for me.  I shouldn't have to post questions on how to use your product.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list