Return to list New
Author: Handroid

BT3 stuck in boot loop

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-07-26 21:13:31 | Show all posts
Why don't you use a genuin win 10 x86 installation-disk instead of the beelink one?

You can hardly boot from any usbstick, because the bios does NOT boot non uefi-sticks and only 32bit uefi.
When creating them use rufus and make sure to format with fat32 and gpt.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-07-26 21:32:22 | Show all posts
I did try genuine wim10 x32 ISO both created with the microsoft tool and the rufus
fat32 gpt as you said
Both did not install...
I guess the BIOS was corrupted or something

Now I am in a position that  the system does not show anything at the screen and
the led is blinking 8 secs blue and 3 secs red .
I am sure it is some kind of BIOS recovery (as it started  after booting with the pin
next to headphone pressed) .
If you look at similar Beelink products they have a similar procedure where you press
this pin and insert a usb disk with the recovery BIOS or updated OS with specific
names etc

Now waiting Beelink to shows us the exact way of recovery

But to tell you the truth I grow tired.
I wait too many days (almost a month) for a solution (1st from aliexpress
seller and since 15 days from Beelink).
Through these days I have tried numerous things and wasted too much
of my time...

I was expecting more support both from Beelink and Aliexpress...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-10-12 23:36:35 | Show all posts
Hi
This is true with mine, I turned my BT3 the night before next day when I turned it on, just a dim red light came on.
Searched the forum and applied disconnect reconnect RTC battery, then blue light came on but that's it the device does not detect Keyboard,  USB device and no display at all. It is more than 5 days I am trying to get help from Beelink tech support but nothing except sending me a troubleshooting PDF file which I did it in first place myself. I have tried all suggestions relating to bad bios, or bios update the device does not show a sign of life, totally dead.
I need BIOS recovery tool for this BT3 that has it original V11 BIOS on it. I have my windows license key and product ID if needed. I have full image backup and complete recover disk I made the first day. I should be able to install everything just like when it was shipped from factory but my device blue light comes on and if I hold it after a few seconds will turn off.
Please, help if you can, all my personal data is locked and I stock with no hope to resolve this problem.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-16 23:13:08 | Show all posts
tsupport02 replied at 2016-10-12 23:36
Hi
This is true with mine, I turned my BT3 the night before next day when I turned it on, just a dim ...

I am the original person who posted this problem, after three month of time and effort yesterday I was able to bring back my BT3 to life. In short, you need a lot of patience, a clean work bench, very good eyes that can work with less than a mm measurements and a steady hand plus a good soldering and heat pump station. I ordered the BIOS chip "25LQ64CVIG" a set of 2 for $3, then bounch a BIOS programmer CH341A and download the driver and apps needed to use the USB programmer, removed the large orange heat sink, underneath that I found the BIOS chip, with heat pump removed the chip and soldered it to 8 wires that connected the chip to the programmer, then run the CH341A app erase the chip but first you need to let it automatically select the chip model, if every thing goes well then you get four readings for each parameter to the left of the main App screen "$15 $18 $100" these figures are not exact I just write it from my top of the head. when sure the chip is detected correctly and you can read and write to it first run "BLANK" then open Beelink V11 or V16 BIOS file then use AUTO PROGRAMMING option from the CH341A App and let it run its course. At the end read the newly programmed chip and save the bin file to like "test.bin", exit the App and install a Hex file reader and compare test.bin with the Beelink bin file you used to program it, the report should be " both files are exactly the same. Now you are sure that you have good chip in your hands, Use a lot of patience clean the board with alcohol and accurately put in place the chip on 8 contacts where you removed it from but be sure to document on a piece of paper chip pin number 1, which has dot index (you need a magnifying glass to see this dot), after soldering use an eye piece magnifying glass and inspect your soldering job to be sure that the pins are joined and not connected to each other. This is the most important part of the job and requires a lot of patience, do hurry to connect power take your time. The last important step is to remember that through all this process BIOS battery should be disconnected and after soldering and final cleaning then reconnect the battery and last step is to hold rest and power button several times to force the device to wake up and read from the chip I spent days after soldering the good chip till I was change the blue light to red and then waited about 5 minutes till it return to blue, every thing star to work and my Window 10, 32 bit shines. One other thing to remember is if original windows on the motherboard is 32 bit you should program the chip with V11, this is a hard lesson i learned because I programmed it with V16 and it would not work, I had to reprogram the chip with V11 till I was able to load windows properly.
Have fun and enjoy

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-26 05:10:09 | Show all posts
I have done something similar tsupport. Flashed BIOS with a BIOS programmer.
Only did it without unsoldering the BIOS chip. With a special tool to make it on board

Unfortunately I am stuck at blue (7sec) -red (3 sec) mode
No matter what I tried (for days) I could not force it read the new BIOS and get outof this mode.

I guess there is a special key combination that you did by chance ....
If you could remember the key combination you could be of great help

Beelink does not answer since 6 months.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-25 04:33:08 | Show all posts

I have here the Z83ii under the same conditions, it led blue and red blinking

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-07-16 07:48:57 | Show all posts
my BT3 keep flashing blue after electricity failure. is that's mean the bios need to be changed ?

I try to disconnecting the battery and connected again but sot succeed as there dump tutorial .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-10 06:27:33 | Show all posts
pdionisis replied at 2017-02-26 05:10
I have done something similar tsupport. Flashed BIOS with a BIOS programmer.
Only did it without uns ...

can tell what tools you used to flash the BIOS on board??? is there is a guide with picture on internet you can refer to please ?  

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list