View: 2626|Reply: 6

MiniMXIII II RBG Problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-16 21:34:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello

I just received my box, and installed it, and updated it to the last version, 3 updates were needed.

I watched some kodi videos and noticed the dark scenes were so dark that I couldnt even understand what was going on.

I decided to try and change some settings and in the screen color space, I changed from YUV to RGB, but then the box shut down.
And now whenever I turn it on, it goes to the menu but automatically shuts down again, every single time.
I cannot do anything, nor change the setting back, or do a reset through software.

Can anyone help me?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-02-16 22:27:46 | Show all posts
Found a work around, using the pinhole.

Kodi videos continue to be dark though..
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-16 22:32:13 | Show all posts
it happened to me also. but i just force the box for more than a couple of reboots as i remember. I also tried to unplug the hdmi from the tv while doing reboot. and it just turned back to normal. I don't have any idea which of the things i did worked. Warning though, I don't know if it messed my system up a week later, because i can't update with new ota this week ("system was damaged, wireless update unavailable").

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-16 22:38:46 | Show all posts
Yes, its still dark. I did add a startup video during kodi start. Its got to be a 4k file (downloaded from youtube), and it fixes the contrast/brightness issues. I also added a shortcut on Kodi a 4K video file, in case the startup video failed. Its annoying to do this all the time, but hey, it works.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-05 03:26:45 | Show all posts
Im having the same problem. Please confirm how to change it back to YUV.
I must do factory reset or something else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-08 12:41:22 | Show all posts
KwatoG replied at 2017-02-16 22:38
Yes, its still dark. I did add a startup video during kodi start. Its got to be a 4k file (downloade ...

You can automate this on every startup with Macrodroid (free app on Play Store).
Not necessary to play the video with Kodi, you can play it with stock video player too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-10 02:14:50 | Show all posts
KwatoG replied at 2017-02-16 22:38
Yes, its still dark. I did add a startup video during kodi start. Its got to be a 4k file (downloade ...

May i ask how you downloaded a video from youtube?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list