Author: Mirthmantis

GT King Pro - failed - can I recover?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-10 21:29:20 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2020-07-10 14:41
That is great, I am sorry we didn’t solve your problem in the first time. We will record your exa ...

Sorry, Im not the OP but that took care of my bricked problem.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-07-20 22:39:37 | Show all posts
Edited by Mirthmantis at 2020-07-20 22:50

Hi - Sorry - have been working and not had a chance to post or test further until now.
SUPPORT - you are replying to another helpful member of the forum,  not me - so sadly the issue is not solved.

My situation is this - i get no display on the TV - NOTHING.
The white LED light comes on the GT KING PRO, but nothing else happens.
NO display - no recovery menu - nothing.
The TV display stays off - NO SIGNAL and the device doesn't boot - with or without an SD Card.
Have tried the downloaded files and also the bundled open elec card - which used to work fine.

Reset button does nothing either.

I've even left it for a few hours to see if there is something going on.

The SD card contains the following files....

Directory of E:\

06/07/2020  07:44                88                     factory_update_param.aml
06/07/2020  07:44                690,934,079     galilei-ota-eng.xk.zip
06/07/2020  07:44                16,611,328       recovery.img
               3 File(s)    707,545,495 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  31,173,214,208 bytes free

Pretty disappointed really - this was a great android box - I've not modded or changed it at all.
This wasn't necessary as it was perfect for my needs, out of the box.
Now after a few months of use - I have a very expensive paperweight, it appears.

Can you suggest anything else please ?

Thanks,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-07-21 09:10:23 | Show all posts
Mirthmantis replied at 2020-07-20 22:39
Hi - Sorry - have been working and not had a chance to post or test further until now.
SUPPORT - you ...

Have you tried the "JBakerky" solution? He said he solved the problem himself
Link: http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44927

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-07-21 18:42:48 | Show all posts
There are 2 methods discussed here.
First - the link you sent me is for an IMG file - this is a USB burning image.
The link describes an SDcard method to recover - this requires a BIN file to be supplied.
I have been using the files from the sdcard folder in the OneDrive link you shared - perhaps this is wrong?

May I please ask for the link to the files required for an SD card image to burn using the cardmaker software described in JBakerky's link?
Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-07-22 09:16:34 | Show all posts
Mirthmantis replied at 2020-07-21 18:42
There are 2 methods discussed here.
First - the link you sent me is for an IMG file - this is a USB  ...

Maybe you can talk to JBakerky about his specific solution process.Follow the forum link he sent to try if it works
I'm sorry I don't understand what you need me to do for you. Do I need to provide you with any relevant documents?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-23 21:13:32 | Show all posts
Mirthmantis replied at 2020-07-20 22:39
SUPPORT - you ...

They say amlogic devices are designed in a way that they are not possible to brick.
And yet it looks like the gt-king pro device can brick itself?
I am just another user of gt-king pro, but I've managed to get rs-232 console working - see here.
So to diagnose the problem, it may be helpful to get rs-232 connection and try to see if you can get anything from serial console.
Obviously it would help if you got the console running before getting the bricked device, because it is not that straightforward to set it up - you may not know if the connection or terminal sw/setting is not right or if it is bricked in a way that there would be nothing even on serial console.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-07-24 17:08:14 | Show all posts
Edited by Mirthmantis at 2020-07-24 17:09
teacup replied at 2020-07-23 21:13
They say amlogic devices are designed in a way that they are not possible to brick.
And yet it loo ...

Thanks Teacup - will try it - to be honest, this looks bricked, and I can't get the support guys to understand the issue.
( I'm super old, with 30 years in networking and Pc's so I remember serial cables very well ! :)
Serial console is a recovery method I didn't think I would need. )

The links sent by support direct me to an IMG file - which is fine for a USB-USB connection flash - which won't happen as I cannot enter that mode with the reset button.  the device is never recognised.

The core-elec boot SD which worked before - now does not boot the unit in any way - with or without reset button pressed.

a new SD card using the contents of the SDCARD folder sent in Support's links doesn't boot.

Trying to follow the method advised by my other friend here, tells me to use a BIN file, which I cannot find and Support do not know how to send a link to one either, as you can see from the last response.  this method uses Amlogic card writing software - again - no BIN file to use.

So if an Amlogic device cannot be bricked, I am at a loss.

I have a device which :

- will not boot normally,
- will not boot to android recovery mode
- will not boot from SD card
- Displays NO SIGNAL via HDMI on all methods.

For me, this is the very DEFINITION of bricked.

So, if this is true - I would advise to NOT buy what looked like the best ATV device.
It was expensive, fast, and looked perfect, but is less reliable than the cheaper units, which can at least be restored.

I cannot be positive about this brand - and I must stress that I have not even tried to meddle in anyway with firmware etc - it was perfect as it was - just one day - never turned on, and has been silent ever since.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-07-24 17:15:53 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2020-07-22 09:16
Maybe you can talk to JBakerky about his specific solution process.Follow the forum link he sent t ...

"  Maybe you can talk to JBakerky about his specific solution process.Follow the forum link he sent ....  "

I am very grateful for JBakerky trying to help me - but I thought you were the Bee-Link support team ?

JBakerky's method required a .BIN format file to try it
I asked YOU if you could link me please to this file as it was not in any of the links you sent me for firmware.

So what I am asking you is - there is no link to firmware using a .BIN format in the article linked by JBakerky.
Can YOU help me with such a link.

I hope that is clearer, and apologies if it was unclear in my earlier reply.

Thanks in advance,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-07-24 17:28:27 | Show all posts
Mirthmantis replied at 2020-07-24 17:15
"  Maybe you can talk to JBakerky about his specific solution process.Follow the forum link he sen ...

USB A-A and power cord need to be plugged in at the same time, so that the device can be recognized

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-24 21:34:49 | Show all posts
Mirthmantis replied at 2020-07-24 17:08
Thanks Teacup - will try it - to be honest, this looks bricked, and I can't get the support guys to ...

I would definitely try the serial console.
I guess there always should be written something unless the device is trully bricked (like cpu failure).
With serial console you can even force to boot to usb update mode via a command typed from the serial console.

I have usb to rs232 adapter with male 9 pin cannon connector, I believe the pins there are wired the same as standard PC rs232 connector. When using serial cross cable to connect between gtking and rs232 to the usb adaptor cable it did not work. But crossing rx/tx again made it work for me, so I assume you need straight serial female-female cable to connect with male rs232 to usb adaptor, like those based on PL2303 chipset for example.
There may exist female rs232 to usb adaptors that might possibly not require any aditional cable to connect to gtking, but that I do not have/did not test.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list