View: 1563|Reply: 13

beelink GTR-7 7840HS trouble with type-c ports

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-23 21:13:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear Support of Beelink,

I am writing to seek assistance with an ongoing issue I am experiencing with the Type-C port on the back of my GTR7 Ryzen 7 7840HS mini-PC. I have been using a Type-C hub to connect multiple peripherals, including an external HDD and a charger for my watch. While everything worked fine initially, but for the past week there has been no response from the Type-C ports on the back of the device.

I have verified that the hub itself is working correctly by testing it with the front Type-C port, where everything operates as expected. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I have taken the following steps:

Reinstalled Windows
    Tried booting from Linux
    Reset the BIOS using the CLR CMOS button

Despite these efforts, both Type-C ports on the back remain unresponsive. Could you please advise on what steps I should take or where I can seek help to resolve this issue? The device was purchased primarily to connect an external GPU, and I would like to explore all possible software solutions before considering hardware repairs or replacements.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Anton

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-24 16:13:40 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Please go to AMD website and download the auto-detect program.

It will update some chipsets and video drivers automatically.It will identify and install appropriate drivers for their AMD hardware. The program works by scanning the user’s system to detect the installed AMD hardware components, such as graphics cards or processors. It then compares the detected hardware information with a database of AMD drivers and software versions.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-06-25 01:09:57 | Show all posts
The issue persists. Reinstalling the drivers did not help. The device does not respond to any connections made via the two rear USB Type-C ports. It seems likely that the problem is not with the drivers. Could you please advise if there is any way to check or restore the functionality of these ports through software? I have disassembled the device and tried cleaning it, ensured that all ports are enabled in the BIOS, and updated the drivers to the latest version. However, the AMD utility does not allow for more detailed updates.

If the problem cannot be resolved through software, could you please guide me on whether it is possible to send the device to you for repair or restoration? I would not like to lose the ability to connect an eGPU via Thunderbolt at this price point.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-25 17:25:40 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Pls enter the safe mode, and reset the system.
Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Please try each option one at a time, then see of Windows will boot . . .

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair
See if Windows startup can repair itself

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore
Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to

If you do not have a Restore Point, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode
Once in Safe Mode, backup your data if you do not already have a backup
Open Device Manager and check to make sure all your Drivers are up to date
Reboot to see if Windows will start Normally

If the above fails, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC
Choose to keep your files and apps, just your files or to keep nothing
Then start the Reset

Or pls reinstall the system.
System:https://mega.nz/file/3uhhna4Y#fj ... UTemfgXEO5SxT3-gSTA
Tutorial:https://url.bee-link.cn/s88O

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-06-26 02:03:38 | Show all posts
Hello,

I followed your instructions, but Windows could not find anything to restore. Reinstalling/resetting Windows 10 completely did not help. The URL you provided for the system is unavailable - it requests a code. I tried entering UTemfgXEO5SxT3-gSTA but could not gain access. Please provide an updated link or a code to allow downloading from this link.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-26 13:39:41 | Show all posts
Edited by tuiguang13 at 2024-06-26 13:41

Hello there,
Pls try this:https://url.bee-link.cn/OIk7

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-26 13:42:14 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-06-28 01:14:16 | Show all posts
Hello,

I followed your instructions, but Reinstalling/resetting Windows 10 completely did not help. It seems likely that the ports are dead. I have the following question: Can I take it to a local service center to attempt to restore its functionality, or do I need to send it to you? If I need to send it to you, please let me know if this will be covered under warranty, and if not, how much it will cost.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-28 16:29:36 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Pls contact our email:Support-PC@bee-link.com,and then we could help you better.
Under the warranty,you could send the machine back for repairing,and we will reimburse the shipping cost.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-07-01 19:18:52 | Show all posts
I have exactly the same problem. The rear usb4 ports used to work but are now completely unresponsive.
Beelink refuse to send a barebones before I send it back, it's completely unacceptable customer service.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list