View: 1152|Reply: 6

SER7 - External Power/Dockingstation

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-23 16:30:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,
I have a SER 7 PC. I want to connect a 100 watt docking station. I read that you have to change something in the BIOS to do this. But I'm afraid that I could damage something if I enter the wrong values ​​there or reconnect the original power supply. I can't find these instructions anymore, or I don't know where I read them.

I'm also wondering whether I'll damage something if I connect the docking station (with its own power connection) and leave the SER7 connected to the original power supply. So I basically only want to use the docking station for the connections so that the computer remains mobile.

Thank you for the answers.

Kind regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-24 16:06:56 | Show all posts
Hello there,

You can connect to the docking station normally without any BIOS setup.

But just in case you need anything, here's how to adjust TDP: https://buildin.ai/lizong/share/ ... 5-8a3d-ac00a5e477c7

Have a nice day!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-08-01 16:45:34 | Show all posts
Thank you so much

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-08-02 09:33:12 | Show all posts
you could also download a program from called ryzenadj  that works in correlation with a github app called uxtu.  they both have detailed writeups on github and on reddit. it helps you dial in your settings to a finer degree than the beelink bios which is very limited. (no offense beelink) cuz in a way you gotta remember the 7840hs is actually a laptop designed APU and I'm assuming a lot of the tunable bios settings would probably overheat or cause other parts on the much smaller pcb and location of hardware to malfunction.  i use ryzenadj only to bypass the adrenalin software because it makes my beelink lag and hang on certain games.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-08-02 16:19:01 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Thank you for your sharing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-08-04 06:06:30 | Show all posts
pingpongninja replied at 2024-08-02 09:33
you could also download a program from called ryzenadj  that works in correlation with a github app  ...

Hello,
Please can you provide more details on what values you set through these apps ?
Thanks !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-08-14 11:52:06 | Show all posts
n0sp4m427 replied at 2024-08-04 06:06
Hello,
Please can you provide more details on what values you set through these apps ?
Thanks !

just some background on me. I'm an RHCA. A lot of the settings in ryzenadj are pretty much coding in .python also my bios i'm using is the full Aptio version so the non available settings specifically setting the STAPM limits to manual and the AMD PBS settings and PBO and curve optimizer to work with the settings in ryzenadj.  

my tdp is 65 watts due to the 120w dc upgrade power brick adapter,  bios setting to unlock the 65tdp is automatic trigger when you plug it in and go into bios.    when i get home from work i'll show the cinnebench r23 score which is in the mid 15k range with a max temp of 62 or 65 and all core 4.3ghz. anything over based on the frequency/power and temp graphs are not even worth it.  actually from testing it 4.2-4.6 is the sweet spot.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list