View: 849|Reply: 1

SER7 - One Solution to Wifi/Bluetooth Poor Signal Issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-14 23:30:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Andray at 2024-06-14 23:33

I bought a SER7 computer about 6 months ago, and have experienced similar issues as other users with wifi and bluetooth poor signal.

A very easy solution works for me, based on cellular phone past experience. Many years ago, I used to own a cellular phone that had a built in FM radio. In order for it to work properly, a wired earphone needed to be plugged into the miniature stereo earphone jack, because it acted as an antenna to pick up the FM radio signals.

You should see where I'm taking you by now; I simply plugged a good old wired earphone into the rear earphone jack of the SER7, and VOILÀ ! Now Bluetooth works very well for my keyboard, mouse and wireless Xbox controller. I hope it works for others too.

It would appear that the wifi and bluetooth signals are difficult to pickup because they have to go through a shielded metal case. Adding a wire appears to act as an effective antenna, thus solving the issue. My recommendation to Beelink tech people, with all due respect, would be to add a small external antenna to the unit.

I have had no issues with my SER7, and am impressed with it's performance given its small form factor.

Have fun!

Andray  ¦:¬)

P.S. - There is another earphone jack on the front of the unit, which might also work, but I didn't even bother trying it. Note that inserting the earphone plug into the jack does not seem to have any effect on the audio in Windows, it keeps playing normally.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-15 12:09:51 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Thanks for your sharing.

Have a nice day!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules