View: 951|Reply: 4

Hello, Just Bought Beelink Ser Max 6, It Doesn't Want to Turn On

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-24 05:58:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Ra1415 at 2023-09-24 06:13

Hello, i just bought beelink SER MAX 6, I am sorry for a newbie question, but how do I turn this on? I connected the charger to the mini PC, and I pressed the turn-on button, and I can see the LED of the power button is on, but that's about it. The Mini PC doesn't do anything else, it doesn't want to boot, it doesn't want to go to BIOS, it doesn't detect my monitor, neither my keyboard, and it just doesn't do anything. In the beginning, I thought it was just the HDMI cable problem, but in that case, the mini PC should have been able to detect my keyboard (and my keyboard always lighten up if it's connected, and yet, it's turned off this time when I connected it to the mini PC).

Is this because the mini PC is defective or do I need to do anything else for the first-time installation before I turn it on? If yes, what do I need to do exactly? the manual doesn't say anything about it...the RAM and SSD were not correctly attached? I have not opened the case, because I don't have any screwdriver with me at the moment, but any help is appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-09-24 06:53:11 | Show all posts
*Update: I just opened the case, and I can confirm both the 2 RAMs and the SSD are there, I even tried to detach and re-attach them, and yet nothing changed... :(
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-09-24 07:31:19 | Show all posts
Edited by Ra1415 at 2023-09-24 07:46

I disconnected the SSD and I left only one RAM stick, and now I can see the BIOS. and both my keyboard and monitor now suddenly work fine after I tried this solution.

UPDATE: And just now I tried using just one RAM stick as well as the SSD, it also works just fine! I can boot to Windows! Does it mean that the secondary RAM stick is the one causing the issue? or the secondary RAM slot placement?

UPDATE 2: I can confirm the problem is the secondary RAM slot (the above one), because I tried either RAM stick in the first RAM slot (the below slot), and it works fine! But when I use either RAM stick to the above RAM slot, it doesn't work!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-24 08:59:39 | Show all posts
Glad you solved the mystery.  Bad SODIMM slot.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-25 15:59:01 | Show all posts
Ra1415 replied at 2023-09-24 07:31
I disconnected the SSD and I left only one RAM stick, and now I can see the BIOS. and both my keyboa ...

hello, sorry for the trouble, if that so, pls contact us via email, support-pc@bee-link.com, and this forum link too, then we could talk how to solve this issue, thanks a lot. by the way, pls send us the sn code on the bottom of the machine and your purchase record too.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list