View: 960|Reply: 2

SER6 slow internet

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-10 06:32:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Ever since I've been using my SER6 I have been plagued with internet issues. Expanding on my previous post, this isn't just limited to gaming where I experience terrible latency with 200+ miliseconds of ping, but websites are also slow to load, youtube videos stutter and freeze, images are slow to load, it even takes 2 seconds until a google search fully registers.

I know it isn't my internet at fault since these things never happened to my old PC, or the mac laptop that I used to verify that these things are just limited to my SER6.

I bought a USB wifi adapter thinking that it would resolve this issue, but nothing has changed. Does this mean that the SER6 can't support wifi adapters or is it some other thing at play?

What could be the issue here? The distance between the SER6 and the router? The wifi chip inside the SER6?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2023-08-10 13:06:34 | Show all posts
Wifi is working fine at me and others who have this machine. I have 1 gbit internet and on wifi 6 it reaches over 700mbps download all the time and no latency. Maybe is something wrong with your router. I use a fiber ONT Huawei wifi 6, from my ISP and there are no problems at all.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-08-12 18:43:48 | Show all posts
FOLLOW UP: I think I that it is the distance between the router and the SER that was causing the issues here. I messed around today and after placing my setup less than half a meter away from the router I didn't experience any internet issues. Previously the SER was a floor above and 12 meters away from the router.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list