View: 3123|Reply: 3

External Power On/Off Button

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-21 03:34:32 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi - I recently purchased an SER4 4800U mini-pc which I am hoping to use for an art installation I'm creating.  One requirement is that the installation can be powered on/off from a single power button mounted in a wall.  In the past I have done this by soldering a pair of additional wires in line with the power pins for the computer power switch and running a cable to the remote location.  

I would like to do something similar with the SER4, but the motherboard mounted power switch makes this difficult.  Doyou have any recommendations for how I could achieve my goal?  Are there other pads/pins on the motherboard that could be accessed for applying the power signal?  

I've seen the other threads here on the forum for keyboard power on (not currently supported) and auto-on (assume this means auto start after power outage), but neither of those are quite what I need.

Thanks!
James

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-08-22 19:40:49 | Show all posts
Hello there,

You can try to set up auto power on in the BIOS and then use the wall outlet button to control the PC . When the power is on again, the PC turns on automatically, is it what you you want ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-08-24 01:22:32 | Show all posts
Support-03 replied at 2022-08-22 19:40
Hello there,

You can try to set up auto power on in the BIOS and then use the wall outlet button t ...

Thanks for the response.

No, unfortunately that will not work for me.  My client will need to turn the computer both on and off remotely.  When the computer is turned off it needs to go through a proper shutdown procedure (it will be running Linux).

I'm hoping there is some method I can connect an external power switch without having to attempt to desolder the power switch from the motherboard.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-01 06:31:34 | Show all posts
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm going to use my Beelink in an arcade cabinet and really need at least an external power-on option.

It also kind of stinks that all of the USB ports are powered even when the device is off. I have some solid-state relays that I'd like to trigger with the USB power out.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list