View: 171|Reply: 1

EQ12 new SSD won't fit

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-05-03 22:41:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have recently bought an EQ12/N100/DDR5.  Separately, I bought Samsung 990 PRO 2TB SSD with Heatsink, and 1x32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5.

RAM installed without difficulties, but the SSD is giving me problems.  The heatsink is too big!  I wasn't sure if to buy the SSD with heatsink or not, but the difference was about 5 dollars, so I bought the one with the heatsink.  I see the EQ12 has a cooling metal plate and some cooling paste and a fan, so should I just return this SSD and get the one without heatsink? What are my options if I want to stick with this?    I am not going to be installing SATA drives, so I've removed the cable/bracket for it.  Can I also remove the whole inner panel - the one with the fan, or do I risk things overheating regardless of the heatsink on the SSD?

Incidentally, I've also removed the Wifi adapter - maybe a bad decision, but presently, I have no need for it so I thought why not disconnect it.  It seems that the M2 port for the SSD is raised quite a bit to accommodate for the Wifi M2 slot, would be nice to lower it somehow.

I should have left things alone :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-05-07 16:46:52 | Show all posts
We recommend that you change to a hard drive that does not come with a radiator. Removing the fan will affect heat dissipation.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list