View: 155|Reply: 2

Ubuntu 20.04.4 Server crashes on N5095

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-05-02 19:37:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I have a N5095 Beelink Mini-S with Ubuntu 20.04.4 Server installed. Mainly use it to run a Plex server and have a few Docker containers running. I've been using it for almost a year now. But, recently, Ubuntu crashes unexpectedly.

After investigating, it crashes when it is doing "intense" computing. For instance, if I stop Plex and all the containers, it runs no problem. But, if I start Plex and do a scan on a library, it will eventually crash. If I have all my things running, it usually crashes within a minute or 2 after boot.

When it crash, the screen becomes black and I can hear the sound from the computer stop, but the light is still on. I can't do anything using the power button, the only thing I can do is remove the power cord and plug it again.

I've tried to look everywhere in /var/logs/syslog, journalctl, etc. I could not find anything suspicious.

Thanks for your help!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-05-07 12:04:13 | Show all posts
Hello there,

We suggest you install a new version of Ubuntu
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-05-07 13:33:27 | Show all posts
Hello

Check your system temps when the server is doing those heavy tasks. Had the same problem and the system thermal controllers was/is the cause of the system been freezing.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list