View: 265|Reply: 4

GK55 Randomly shuts down

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-04-07 22:06:54 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone!

Strange issue happening with a basically new GK55.  The unit will shut down for no apparent reason in the middle of a task.  It does seem to be slightly temperature/use related, however it's not overheating.  The unit is rarely used (maybe 20 times or so total since new) and is in new condition with no dust, hair, etc. inside.  It's used to run a telescope rig and the software is not demanding at all.  In fact, the shutting down is happening during idle with just windows running and nothing else.  

I did run a temp monitor and the unit shut down with the CPU at 42°C?

Some important info:  

I've seen this same topic here and completed everything I saw and could think of.  Replaced the power supply with a new (larger) one. Checked to make sure that the RAM was seated properly. Checked the power button for rubbing/tightness. Nothing seems to be wrong with it, other than the random shutdowns.

Once it dies, the power button no longer responds until you unplug power from the unit and then reconnect.  You can also hold down the power button for a second or two, which will make it light back up, then power off.  After that, you can hit the power button and it will restart (without unplugging it).

I have to assume that there's some kind of bad connection on the MB or memory, since the unit runs totally normal until it just shuts off.  There's no warning and it's just like unplugging it, it's not a safe power down.  It can happen minutes after boot, or sometimes longer, but usually no more than 10 minutes or so.  Once you restart it, it will run for a couple minutes and then die again.

Hopefully someone has some ideas!

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-04-19 02:13:10 | Show all posts
Hy everyone.

I have a GK55 too and recently its having this same problem, shut down for no reason in the middle of a task.
And in the same way, I need to unplug power then plug again and hit the power bottom to start, but it starts a looping,
It only starts working again hours later.
I tryed the reset bottom, do not work.
Is there another procces that we couldt test? Bios Update ou something else?

Tks!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-04-22 21:12:14 | Show all posts
I reached out to tech support and they were pretty much useless on this...  They aren't reading my actual comments from the emails and just suggesting 'cookie cutter' responses which ask questions I've already answered.  I gave up on that idea...  I know that the unit isn't warranty anymore, but it's basically new (I'm not expecting free parts, just some help to ID the issue).  

I'm guessing that there's a weak solder connection or something corrupt in the RAM/motherboard.  In either case, I can't see this coming to an ending other than me replacing the unit with something else...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
du4rdo.1985 replied at 2024-04-19 02:13
Hy everyone.

I have a GK55 too and recently its having this same problem, shut down for no reason i ...

Hello there,
Please send us a picture of SN on the bottom of the PC  Here are some potential solutions:

①Please take out the RAM ,please clean the contacts of the RAM with a rubber. Here is the tutorial https://mega.nz/file/XqZX0TIR#_D ... hBpQ959cg5U3Yw4u1Cc**

②Please take out one RAM and leave the other one in it to test if the RAM is defective or not.** You can also use Memtest software to test the RAM.

③Please repeatedly press delete key as soon as you turn on the PC, go to BIOS. Please send us a picture of the Main page, we will check if you need to update the BIOS.**

④Please change another power supply.**

⑤Overheating. If your PC is overheating, please check if the fan spins. You can also turn off the turbo boost. Go to control panel ---power option---change to High performance--- change plan setting---advanced setting ---processor power management--- change both 100% to 99% , click save.**

⑥Update graphics driver:  Please uninstall the graphic driver in the device manager and install the new one. Here is the driver source :

[https://www.bee-link.com/cms/support/productlist?id=7](https://www.bee-link.com/cms/support/productlist?id=7)*, click the item model , then you can find the related driver.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hi there,

How about you send the item back for checking and repair?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list