View: 994|Reply: 7

GTR7 Series Intel Wifi Card NOT connecting to 5GHZ Band

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-26 01:12:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
So I have a newer Netgear Router which is Wifi 6ax and literally is on the other side of my office about 7 feet from the Beelink GTR7.  I just set it up yesterday with some hiccups but figured out the computer works great HOWEVER will not connect to my 5GHZ wifi band.  It will connect to 2.4 Ghz but not the faster one.

I have tried uninstalling both the bluetooth and wifi cards several times as suggested by Intel the manufacturer of the unit and reinstalled with the Intel Driver and no luck same thing is happening.  In fact Everytime I uninstall the wireless card upon reboot windows will reinstall it.  I have done this several times and finally just decided to uninstall and reinstall using the Intel Driver without reboot and same thing no 5Ghz connectivity.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-26 11:17:51 | Show all posts
zincmann replied at 2023-10-26 05:15
Surely someone else has encountered this and has a solution no?

I have encountered a similar issue on my SER7 7840HS, where I have a problem with it not connecting to 5 Ghz connection, I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting and reinstalling the internet card, and commands in the terminal and nothing works, I have also had a very slow connection with it in general while all my other devices are fine. I do hope someone finds a solution to this soon.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-26 05:15:57 | Show all posts
Surely someone else has encountered this and has a solution no?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-26 18:22:12 | Show all posts
Edited by zincmann at 2023-10-26 18:24
Kale replied at 2023-10-26 11:17
I have encountered a similar issue on my SER7 7840HS, where I have a problem with it not connectin ...

Kale do you have the Intel ax200 card in your unit as well? Would be good to track this.  Wondering if its the aluminum case that causes the issue.  I know when I used to have an aluminum case on my phone I was not able to get a strong signal connecting to the higher bands on my cell service.  However I guess with all of Apples devices that wouldnt make any sense.  Next question then, is yours in an enclosed space or is it in the wide open, i.e. on a desk nothing around it?.  Mine is in in the old space my tower computer sat under my desk with a door however I do not close the door on the desk so the system can get good airflow front and back.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-26 20:48:17 | Show all posts
So I am trying something tomorrow, I ordered a highly rated TP Link wireless dual band USB Based antenna to see if that will change my misfortune here.  If it does I will share it with you.  The fact that BeeLink support has not replied to this thread being its on top of the other messages right now is concerning.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-27 18:29:06 | Show all posts
So I solved the issue myself.  I Went into Advanced options for the card and selected "Channel Width for 5Gz" and it was selected for Auto.  I changed it to 20mhz Only and it works now and connects to 5Ghz

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-12 10:24:46 | Show all posts
zincmann replied at 2023-10-27 18:29
So I solved the issue myself.  I Went into Advanced options for the card and selected "Channel Width ...

Thank you for this.  :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-18 18:29:05 | Show all posts
This is the global problem with Intel AX200 cards. I have it as well.

The workaround to put it on 20Mhz band is not enough. When you do it, instead of having 1Gbit bandwidth, you limit yourself to 300Mbps. It is because it connects to .n and not .ac or .ax anymore.

Beelink, you should use newer AX210.

In addition, have you tested yourself?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list