View: 474|Reply: 1

Pausing (freezing) the movie on the HDD connected to Beelink GT-King Pro

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-24 23:28:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi
I have a Beelink GT-King Pro with three HDD connected to it.
One 1 TB
One 2 TB
One 4 TB

It’s been a few days that when I play a movie from a 4 TB hard drive, the movie freezes (pauses) after a few minutes and stays like that for a few seconds, then it jumps forward a few seconds and the movie plays. After a few minutes, the same thing happens again. This happens only on 4 TB HDD.

I checked the 4 TB HDD with hard drive testing software and there were no problems.

I then copied some movies from the 4 TB HDD to the 2 TB HDD and played them with Beelink GT-King Pro, all of them played without problems. I also copied some movies from the 2 TB HDD to the 4 TB HDD (with 1080 resolution because I don’t have 4K movies on my 2 TB hard drive) and played them with Beelink, they also played without problems !

tip 1:
Most movies on 4 TB hard disk will pause, but few will not. Some of the movies that have pauses are 1080 and some are 4K. But all the movies that don’t pause are 1080.

tip 2:
This problem occurs both in CoreELEC and in Kodi.

tip 3:
I connected the 4TB hard drive to the device alone and the problem was solved.
It was not a problem even with connecting two hard drives.
But when I connect all three, the 4 TB hard drive has a problem.

please guide me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-05 00:08:39 | Show all posts
Edited by BaldEagle at 2024-01-05 00:10

Could be a firmware problem, BUT my first guess since you are OK with just 2 drives is that you are overloading the motherboard / power supply for the Bellink box IF these drives are USB powered.
IF they are, try using a POWERED USB HUB so that there is minimal power draw on the beelink usb ports.
IF the drives are self powered ( have their own power packs ) then if could still be firmware OR some kind of drive speed conflict because if i remember correctly one of the Beelink ports is only USB2 style... make sure you are using the USB3 ports only..

One other posibility coming to mind is that you may have a poor cable on one of the drives... if possible try swapping them around and see if any changes.

Hope this helps

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list