View: 594|Reply: 3

GTR5 - Fan Constant Spinups

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-29 22:00:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I've had a GTR5 (5900HX) for 2 Months now. I'm close to sellling it. The fan spins up for 2/3 seconds at nothing, super loudly. It's not a faulty fan or a bad bearing - You can hear the difference, just two naturally very loud fans. The spin ups (At seemingly very high RPM) are in response to a low system load - comes out of nowhere for a few seconds and go, there's no 'build up' and it's just at the point where I'm selling this as I'm sick of it.

I've:

Replaced the thermal paste with MX-6 Arctic. The machine is physically cold when these events happen, I pick it up and it's ice cold, it's literally just booted.
Ensured the newest version of AMD Adrenalin is installed on the machine, with all it's relevant GPIO and chipset drivers etc - I use this to keep an eye on the tempeatures. It seems like the Beelink BIOS/Temp control has very very little tolerance and kicks into full action right away.
Checked Task Manager at the time - No abnormal tasks running. Checked Event Viewer too. I'm actually a Windows Endpoint Engineer for a living.

BIOS Info:
Version 5.19
Compliancacy: UEFI 2.7; PI 1.6
Project Version: GTR_V2.25_bLink_P4C5M43

System Configuration under SMU Options Balance

I've tried so so so many differnet combinations of managing the fans myself after looking through forums and Reddit etc - NO ONE seems to have the magic bullet between throttling and these anxiety inducing fan spins out of nowhere. At the moment we're just back on Auto and the same.

Please help!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-09-30 16:37:04 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Please update the BIOS with version of 1.24 , please check the BIOS link in PM
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-01 23:21:20 | Show all posts

Can you send the BIOS update link in this Forum thread?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-12-04 10:25:28 | Show all posts
westarbjr replied at 2023-12-01 23:21
Can you send the BIOS update link in this Forum thread?

Hello there,

Sorry, we are not allowed to send the link in public just in case they flash the wrong BIOS, which will lead to brick.
If you need it, please send us a picture of SN on the bottom of the PC and a picture of the BIOS version.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list