View: 2198|Reply: 3

WIFI not working and system not rebooting unless power is unplugged. Why?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-05 01:22:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am having an issue with the WIFI not turning on when I boot up the system many times, and when I try to turn on WIFI, the system crashes and I have to reboot the system several times by unplugging the power cord and plugging it back it before the WIFI Comes back on and everything works again. It will NOT reboot any other way, as when it try to reboot normally the system does not boot up and the Beelink box stays lit up but does not actually reboot or turn on to see anything on the TV screen. WHY?
This has happened to me now about seven times, and I have only owned this Beelink GT King for less than a month.

I believe my SN is S922X, but unsure. There is no label on the bottom of my box like pictured.
The firmware that is on my GT King is 917P0_wol_bt.
I believe that this is the newest update for my box.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-05 21:31:25 | Show all posts
Edited by BaldEagle at 2022-01-05 21:32

A couple of things come to mind:

1) Make sure you have a good quality HDMI cable ( my experience showed the one that comes with the box is NOT very good )
2) Try setting the video to auto detect best resolution; IF that causes problems then you may have to set it to match your TV exactly.  IF both fail, you have problems for sure. Also try a different HDMI input port on your TV.
3) SOME tv's do not " play nice " with the beelink when it boots up ( My SHARP TV doesn't ) .. so if possible try this on another tv.
4) Since you mention there is no label on the bottom, that makes me wonder where did you buy this from AND maybe its a rebuild or possibly fake ???
5) As for the wifi problem i cant really say as i have always used mine hard wired ethernet only.

Lastly, IF nothing helps including trying on another TV .. i would just return it ASAP !

Hope these suggestions can get you working better.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-01-06 01:12:11 | Show all posts
BaldEagle replied at 2022-01-05 21:31
A couple of things come to mind:

1) Make sure you have a good quality HDMI cable ( my experience sh ...

Thanks.
I bought it on Amazon, new.
Yeah, I don't use the HDMI cord that comes with the android boxes ever either.
I have it hooked up with a good quality HDMI that I was using on my previous Minix android box.
Resolution is great, no issues.
For some reason, when I boot up many times, the WIFI is off, and when I try to turn it on the system crashes, to the point to where it will not reboot without unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in. Lately, I have to repeat this several times until the WIFI finally connects on bootup. It seems to be getting worse, so I think I am going to return it and maybe get something else.
I LOVE the speed though and hate to let go. I need to find something comparable that doesn't cost a fortune.
I was thinking possibly the Mecool KM6 Deluxe, but I've been hearing that they have their own issues as well. Unfortunately, the Nvidia Shield TV Pro is just too much money for me. I can't see spending more than $200 after taxes, plus I'm not a big fan of the Android TV platform.
Thanks for your help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-06 21:39:52 | Show all posts
snake420 replied at 2022-01-06 01:12
Thanks.
I bought it on Amazon, new.
Yeah, I don't use the HDMI cord that comes with the android bo ...

Yeah shield pro is a bit pricey, but to be honest i moved my Beelink to bedroom .. and went for the Shield .. OMG what a box compared to these...  

Only other suggestion is get ahold of Amazon and request a return / exchange .. maybe you will get better luck with another one.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list