Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Return to list New
Author: darkstar

Kali ARM64 Rolling & Slackware ARM64-15 Firmware-New Year Gift-

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-13 01:26:57 | Show all posts
Edited by JFL at 2022-01-13 01:32

Hi @darkstar,

After installating "ublock origin" on the browser, the download speed is good.  Took around 5-6 minutes to down the 2.8GB image. No idea whether it is just a coincidence or "ublock origin" help to circumvent the blocking.  

Ten days ago when I tried to download without "ublock origing" the estimated download time to complete the "kali" was 14hrs to 20hrs!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-14 00:07:33 | Show all posts
Edited by JFL at 2022-01-14 00:09

Hi @darkstar,

Burn Kali ARM64 on SD Card (64GB Samsung Evo Plus U3).  Firstly the newly burn Kali-ARM64 image on SD Card cannot be recognised by Ubuntu Impish or Manjaro-Arm-XFCE or by "Disks" or "Gparted".  Somehow cannot get it to boot up.  And since I cannot use another Linux OS to swap the u-boot.ext with the u-boot.ext from LibreElec and stuck.

Does this Kali-ARM64 uses the u-boot-gtkingpro.bin as u-boot.ext?  I am having the same issue with  https://github.com/ophub/amlogic ... 2.01.13.1522.img.gz which I think default with u-boot-gtkingpro.bin as u-boot.ext.

Kali-ARM64-SDCard.png
IMG-20220113-WA0023.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-01-14 13:42:34 | Show all posts
Does this Kali-ARM64 uses the u-boot-gtkingpro.bin as u-boot.ext?  I am having the same issue with  https://github.com/ophub/amlogic ... 2.01.13.1522.img.gz which I think default with u-boot-gtkingpro.bin as u-boot.ext.

Yes, please try with a usb drive if possible.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-15 00:39:03 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2022-01-14 13:42
Yes, please try with a usb drive if possible.

Noted.  Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-16 20:51:12 | Show all posts
Hi @darkstar,

Just installed Kali-Arm64 on USB Flash.  The default u-boot-gtkingpro.bin somehow did not boot up (three tries).  Replaces the u-boot.ext to u-boot.ext from LibreElec (the usual one we use) boot up fine.  Just no Bluetooth and Wifi.  Found out my GT King Pro Rev A requires different drivers:
BCM4356A2.hcd -- Bluetooth
brcmfmac4356-sdio.bin -- Wifi
brcmfmac4356-sdio.txt -- Wifi

Copied over the above drivers, Wifi and Bluetooth are available.

Performed the sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade.  A very large upgrade which took more than a hour to complete (620+ files). No errors but after Restart, simple terminal command like:

1. ──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
  2. └─$ sudo apt update              
  3. sudo: unable to resolve host Beelink-kali: Name or service not known
  4. sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit
  5.                                                                              
  6. ┌──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
  7. └─$ sudo su                                                              1 ⨯
  8. sudo: unable to resolve host Beelink-kali: Name or service not known
  9. sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit
  10.                                                                              
  11. ┌──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
  12. └─$ apt update                                                           1 ⨯
  13. Reading package lists... Done
  14. E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
  15. E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
  16. W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
  17. W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
  18.                                                                              
  19. ┌──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
  20. └─$ sudo apt update                                                    100 ⨯
  21. sudo: unable to resolve host Beelink-kali: Name or service not known
  22. sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit
  23.                                                                              
  24. ┌──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
  25. └─$ apt install htop                                                     1 ⨯
  26. E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
  27. E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?
  28.                                                                              
  29. ┌──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
  30. └─$ sudo apt install cpufrequtils                                      100 ⨯
  31. sudo: unable to resolve host Beelink-kali: Name or service not known
  32. sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit
  33.                                                                              
  34. ┌──(kali㉿Beelink-kali)-[~]
Copy the Code
Cannot seem to access "sudo"?  Also had two kernel panic.  Also need to resolve the ocassional screen flashing by setting the CPU MIN_SPEED=1GHz but cannot install "cpufrequtils" as I seems not to have access to "sudo" permission?

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list