View: 3551|Reply: 4

Some informations about bios update and Auto power on

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-25 05:09:48 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've made this post to help people with flash bios update on U55 and to be able to have "auto power on".
My experience is based on A-XXXXUD0W64RPO-V32 and not other U55 models !!!  (I've checked the different bios versions and some old one has a different flash way)

"wake up on power loss" = "automatic power-on function" (= switch on the computer when you connect the power supply) :
!! Don't look for this option in the bios : it will never appear even if you update the bios !!

In fact you have to choose the right bios file and flash it to enable or disable wake up on power loss. For example, for the U55 V32 (download from this page) :

• To enable the wake up on power loss : VB1_V3.04(Auto)     2021-06-07     554.47KB
  • To disable the wake up on power loss: VB1_V3.03(manual )   2021-06-17       468.32KB

To flash, you have to copy the content of the archive on a USB key (or on the root of your SSD but prefer USB key).
But.... the script provided by Beelink is totally wrong (it search a file "eFuitX64.efi" which is not provided in the archive.... Beelink seriously ...)

I propose a manual flash way below, otherwise if you feel courageous, you can make a correction on the script : in EFI\BOOT\startup.nsh , replace "eFuitX64.efi" by "ifu.efi" , it should probably work like this.

So, the manual way (inspired from this post and the original script) : boot on USB key, when you have the prompt find the right drive letter :
  • Input “fsX:” then press “Enter” (X could be 0,1,2,3…)
  • Input “dir” then press “Enter” to check the file in the disk.
  • When you find "VB1_V3.03.bin" you can type the command to flash :  
    1. ifu  VB1_V3.03.bin 128
    Copy the Code

After flash don't check if the bios number has changed : all bios has the same version number and same date (Beelink seriously !! ....).
After that nothing seems to have changed but if you unplug the power cord and replug in the computer should start automatically.

Beellink, some request :
  • Please add "wake up on power loss" and wake up on RTC alarm to the U55 bios !
  • Provide a documentation for bios update
  • Correct errors in your bios update scripts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-10-20 06:00:43 | Show all posts

-

Thanks.

Ive checked all that could see on my own and completed all that UCC highlighted at compilation.

Maybe I missed something or a better way to do what I tried, I dont know....

Should I explain more precisely what I tried to do?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-11-09 14:45:13 | Show all posts
Hello Dear.
Thank you for posting the guide, since there are many BIOS versions for U55, it is not recommended for users to update the BIOS by themselves, if you want to implement the Auto Power On function, you can contact our after-sales staff, our after-sales staff will provide you with the correct BIOS version and burn-in guide.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-17 07:16:46 | Show all posts
Just to clarify OP's post, the easiest way to get this done is to rename the misnamed files in the startup.nsh file in the BOOT folder. In their stupidity, Beelink put the wrong file name in the startup file. So, after you have the files on a USB drive:

1st: Open startup.nsh with notepad
2nd: Replace every instance of eFuitX64.efi with ifu.efi (you will need to replace about 10 of them in the file)
3rd: Boot into the USB drive and it should auto install.

The PC should now boot when it gets power. There is no setting to mess with and there's nothing to tell you that you've updated the bios. Seriously Beelink, you should be embarrassed by this terrible quality control. It makes it very hard to recommend your products when you get something so easy so wrong!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-17 18:08:41 | Show all posts
wolfgang187 replied at 2023-08-17 07:16
Just to clarify OP's post, the easiest way to get this done is to rename the misnamed files in the s ...

You can contact us via email: support-pc@bee-link.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list