View: 15993|Reply: 9

GK Mini Boot Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-16 23:50:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
Issue is as follows:

1. Press 'Power On' button to turn computer on.
2. Button lights up and computer sounds a little noisy but does not boot.
3. Remove power lead and then hold down 'Power On' button for a few seconds.
4. Restore power lead and then press 'Power On' button.
5. Computer now boots correctly (and is as also quiet).

I bought this for my wife and this has to be done everytime she uses it.

Can you kindly suggest a fix.

Thanks in advance

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-11-07 18:18:23 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2021-11-03 15:33
Hello.
According to your description, it looks like it didn't shut down but went into hibernation, ...

thanks with your suggestion i solved now it works normal
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-10-25 23:51:46 | Show all posts
Hi

Bumping this tread as still hoping for a resolution.

To summarise the description of the issue - computer boots correctly but once shut down, it will only boot again after the power lead has bee removed/'Power On' button held down. Power lead then replaced and 'Power On button pressed, it is then fine.  

Note that it is still booting from the SSD as supplied, though a 1GB HDD has been inserted. The only other attachment is a USB Keyboard, mouse and USB connection to a monitor.  BIOS setting are also as supplied (though I have had a look and cannot see anything obvious that might need to be varied).      
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-10-27 06:25:23 | Show all posts
i also have the same problem ... do you have any suggestions

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-11-03 15:33:59 | Show all posts
Fady replied at 2021-10-25 23:51
Hi

Bumping this tread as still hoping for a resolution.

Hello.
According to your description, it looks like it didn't shut down but went into hibernation, are you doing this in the system every time you shut down? Instead of pressing the power button for shutdown, if you can't start after normal shutdown, you can unplug the power, press the button in the small hole in the CLR CMOS on the front panel of the machine for more than five seconds to reset, if it does not work, you can then try to remove the bottom case, unplug the CMOS battery on the motherboard and leave it for 30 minutes to discharge.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-11-10 06:07:41 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2021-11-03 15:33
Hello.
According to your description, it looks like it didn't shut down but went into hibernation, ...

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions.  As mentioned - it is my wife's PC.  But I will try this for her when I get the chance and then report back.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-12 22:08:56 | Show all posts
I have exactly the same problem, and it seems quite common. Did you get it sorted?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-15 21:20:09 | Show all posts
silversands replied at 2022-12-12 22:08
I have exactly the same problem, and it seems quite common. Did you get it sorted?

I also have same issue - help or fix needed

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-09 08:01:25 | Show all posts
I faced a similar problem yesterday when I connected a wired keyboard and mouse to change some BIOS settings. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse normally with my Beelink mini PC. This is what I did to fix the OS loading issue:

1. I made sure that all the device drivers were up to date and installed any optional updates that were available.
2. I unplugged the keyboard and mouse before the windows lock screen appeared, and then plugged them back into a different USB port after logging in.

I suggest that you use wireless peripheral devices with your Beelink mini PC as much as possible.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-27 15:26:08 | Show all posts
I also have this exact same problem.  I select "shutdown" to turn off the mini pc.  It shuts off completely.  To boot back up, I need to unplug the power, plug back in and the the power button will work.  If I don't unplug the power, the power button has no effect.  I have been trying for months to fix this.  I don't know what else to do.  Works fine otherwise.  I just worry I will eventually wear out the power connector or worse, short the power supply someday.  It does not go into hibernation, unless it oddly does after shutdown.  Thank you for any suggestions.  I see others have the same issue.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list