Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 3909|Reply: 3

OTA firmware update bricked my 922H

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-07-18 06:48:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
The box said a OTA firmware update was available to (as I recall) a 04/21 version.

It updated. Now the box shows a power light but no picture at all.

I do need steps to recover this. I see others have had this issue, but I can't fiind clear instructions and Sharepoint links I've seen posted do not permit me to download files. I have only updated via OTA in past.

I'm not happy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-07-19 15:32:19 | Show all posts
hi
Can you send me a video and a picture with the model number and SN code on the back of the machine.
email:support-box@bee-link.com
Best regards
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-07-23 09:14:59 | Show all posts
So, solved. Probably not difficult for you experts, but I'm not super technical.

Support were pushing the update-via-SD card solution but that was not working, I couldn't boot to any new or existing desktop I could see. HDMI was not outputting any video at all.

I tried the update-via-USB solution. First...needed the male to male USB cable. Thanks, Amazon. Second, while support sent me the USB Burning Tool app, they did not send me a copy of the 919P0 firmware in *.img format, which the software needed. Google was my friend, but very nervous about getting the right version of the FW.

Followed the instructions and the flash failed at 3% every time with a specific error code. Back to Google, and this may work for you if you find yourself in the same boat: USB Burning Tool requires you to 1. run as Admin 2. File--> Import Image to load the *.img file. 3. Click the start button 4. simultaneously plug in power and USB to the specially labeled USB port.

After trial and error, discovered two things. 1. Even though GT King Pro box is all USB 3, plug the USB cable into a USB 2 port at the PC's end. And 2. BEFORE the step where you click "Start" in USB Burning Tool, UNCHECK the options to "Erase flash" and "Erase bootloader".

Bingo. All my apps and settings were undisturbed.

From what I've read, does this mean I can never use OTA again?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-17 02:38:38 | Show all posts
Hello, I'm like you my GT-King Pro 922H got bricked with the last OTA update and i solved the problem like you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list