View: 2502|Reply: 1

Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-07-07 00:05:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by swbrains at 2021-07-07 00:51

When I enable these 4 devices in Device Manager, the PC has trouble *restarting* (booting from shutdown is always ok).  When I use Windows "Restart" option (Start Menu) to reboot, it turns off all peripherals (kbd, mouse, monitor) but power light stays on and then nothing.  It's locked and I must use hard-reset via power button to shut it off and restart it.
I have installed the drivers for these devices from the Beelink-provided download on this site (the SEi driver package).

If I disable these 4 devices, the PC works normally and restarts properly every time:

screencapture_000006.png

I checked the BIOS (with default options set) and it shows these settings for these devices:

screencapture_000007.png

Questions:
1) I assume the Device Manager items I've shown in the first screenshot correlate to the BIOS settings I've shown in the second screenshot, correct?

2) What do these BIOS settings control on the PC and what would stop working if I2C0 - I2C3 (currently enabled) are disabled?

3) I haven't noticed any problems with parts of my PC not working since disabling the devices in Device Manager.  What should I expect not to work when these are disabled in Device Manager?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide with regard to the restart issue as well as these devices/drivers in relation to my SEi8 (8259 CPU)!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-07-11 20:08:33 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Update: I downloaded and used these drivers to update the I2c controllers and it seems to have helped: SEi_8259_CFL_es8336-2021-06-07.  Originally I tried the "universal" package but experienced the problem.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list