Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 13728|Reply: 44

Cannot stream video

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-06-22 15:15:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by damians at 2021-06-24 21:56

With this box it is impossible to watch videos  on the web with any browser. This box is full of problems, why is this happening, how can I solve this huge problem?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2021-07-24 04:59:02 | Show all posts
Hello, info for everyone: Google Chrome has fixed video playback on some devices in the latest update.  You must enable AndroidSystem Webwiev version 92 in development mode ... and disable the old version built into beelink.  Then it is necessary to find on the website chrome: // flags then Android ImageReader to disabled and all videos then work correctly.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-23 21:32:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Beelink video streaming does not work on this box, please update Android System webview and make this box usable
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-24 02:34:40 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by damians at 2021-06-24 22:05

Beelink, I can't watch streaming videos on the internet, the Android system webview version is too old, it dates back to 2018, and it is not possible to update it from the Play Store.  You need to update it with the next system update.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-24 02:56:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-24 22:21:16 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Beelink Did you read the messages?  What are you doing you don't answer?  Are you going to solve these huge problems or do you keep pretending nothing has happened?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-06-25 16:14:46 | Show all posts
damians replied at 2021-06-24 22:21
Beelink Did you read the messages?  What are you doing you don't answer?  Are you going to solve the ...

Hi there

Sorry for not replying in time

What is your firmware version?
Do you mean that you cannot watch online videos in Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.?

What is your serial number?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-26 00:56:31 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2021-06-25 16:14
Hi there

Sorry for not replying in time

SN: B922HQ
exact i can't watch videos online
you need to update android system webview, it is too old

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2021-06-27 05:40:04 | Show all posts
Edited by kostik123 at 2021-06-27 05:42

Good day,
@damians -
ou're right, videos don't work ...
@beelink -
I'm confirming other issues with playing videos in Google Chrome and the Google browser that is bound to Chrome ... It was recently possible to set this in Google Chrome in the item -
1.chrome://flags
2.Experiments
3.Android ImageReader where it was Disabled, now the item is no longer there at all.
I tested 2 boxes one GT King Pro SA9H and one GT King B922 and both are problems with videos ...
The mistake is on Beelink's side that they absolutely do not pay attention to Android System WebView applications from the Google store. Unable to update and therefore no videos. I've also tested it in other browsers like Brave, Opera and many others where videos don't work. On the contrary, the videos are fine in the Microsoft Edge and FreeAdblock browsers, but that's really not enough ... I don't understand why there are still some problems in such expensive boxes ...
Really, I am already thinking that I will move to another brand if such serious errors occur ...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-06-27 21:06:43 | Show all posts
@kostik123 @damians You are half right, The problem does not have anything to do with Android System Webview that is showing in system apps. Google Chrome AND any other Chromium based browsers now uses Android System Webview that is contained inside the Google Chrome app so when you download Google Chrome or a Google Chrome Update from Google Play Store, Android System webview automatically updates too and is not a seperate app anymore. The webview you are referring to here to be updated is not used or updated.

However, I suspect the Android Image Reader problem is still to blame. In Version 86 Google Chrome is when we had to start disabling it through chrome://flags for videos to play (and not just on GT King boxes exclusively). This flag is no longer available in chrome://flags which means it is enabled by default with no way to disable it now.

Solution.
You can turn off auto update for Chrome in the Play Store and then uninstall updates from Google Chrome on GT King and GT King Pro and use v57 that comes with the box OR uninstall updates and then install any version up to version 85 of Google Chrome and play videos.
After uninstalling updates a root file browser may be required to change the apk in system-apps folder to reinstall anything above the default v57 that comes with the box.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2021-06-28 01:54:39 | Show all posts
What kind of nonsense is that ... he'll lose his mother-in-law in a cheap box for 60 euros and he won't play videos on our brand boxes ... Very mysterious and incomprehensible.  For God's sake, let's finally do something about it.  It really doesn't matter to anyone ... I say for myself that I'm quite angry !!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list