Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 2465|Reply: 7

Great Idea - Lousy Implementation

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-06-22 08:54:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
If this post sound like sour grapes it's beacsuse after 5 months, tech support has still not answered the questions about what the latest BIOS/EUFI update fixes - along with other numerous issues posted by others.

I seriously doubt this will get posted but at least I'll know that the person moderating this forum will now know how really lacking their so-called tech support is.  All we get are non-answers, posts for support are not answered and they really haven't got a clue on how to run customer supprt.

My GTR 5 3550 is having the same issues as most others:
1. BT works intermittently and drops out entirely
2. HDMI and DP display ports blank the screens out for seconds at a time several times per hour.
3. Fingerprint sensor - well that's a total waste.
4. Mouse stutters on BT and 2.4GHZ wireless. Tried 4 different wireless mice - same issues.
5. Fan noise

Yeah, I tried everything I could several times over to include reinstalling Win10 from scratch, and drivers, etc., etc..  I also tried contacting the parent company AZW and nothing was done to answer the support requests or answering questions.  Ask a question and tech support says send a photo and then they totally ignore you.  When and if you are lucky, you get a response from some no-name person who hasn't a clue about what tech support is.  I was asked to send a photo of a blank screen...

Then there still remains the big question - what does the updated BIOS/EUFI fix?  No one knows.  I tried it and it didn't fix any of the issues I'm experiencing so I rolled it back to ver 6.

So after 5 months of this lack of support, I asked Amazon to step in and try to get Beelink's attention and even they couldn't.  Even though I was 4 months past the Amazon 30 day return window, they said send it back and they will issue me a full refund.  That's exactly what I did and I documented all this on the Amazon reviews.

Beelink had a great idea and what appeared to be a quality build for a premium price but it fails badly becasue of their lack of support and reliability. Been in the IT field for many years and this has been the worst tech support I've ever experienced.  They make Asus tech support look good...

Good luck with getting any problems resolved or even getting a straight answer out of them.

RWS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-06-22 11:36:20 | Show all posts
1. The first is about the BIOS update. We have not updated the BIOS so far, so there is no update content.

2. Have you plugged in too many external devices? it will affect the Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz signal

3. Have you updated the driver of the fingerprint sensor?This is the tutorial for it
Link:https://beelink-my.sharepoint.co ... YSFFEm71SQ?e=v9EBak
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-06-22 16:03:20 | Show all posts
Edited by congedo at 2021-06-22 16:09
Have you plugged in too many external devices? it will affect the Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz signal

One not many is enough,It is useless to put 6 doors if you cannot use it

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-25 07:38:18 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2021-06-22 11:36
1. The first is about the BIOS update. We have not updated the BIOS so far, so there is no update co ...

Reference: http://support.bee-link.com/drives.html?id=13

You have updated the BIOS from ver 6 to ver 7 as shown on your Drivers or Firmware page I have posted the link to.

No one - after 5 months - has been able to provide any information on what the update fixes or any reason for the update.  Initially - as you may recall - the firmware posted was not in an executable file so it could be updated.  It was in a Linux format and all the instructions sent for updating were wrong.  I finally got a sales rep to get someone's attention and they made a video and then made the firmware into an executable format that could update the system.

Your question about plugging in to many devices leaves a lot to the imagination.  If you are asking do I have 6 USB hubs connected that have multiple USB ports - the answer is no.  I do have all the USB ports being used though because BT is so intermittent.  I use 2 ports for keyboard and wireless mouse. I have 3 others connected to external USB drives - so no, I do not have to many devices connected. The USB standard says USB should support up to 127 devices and that USB hubs are a part of the standard - so they certainly can be used and your design should handle them.

So do your existing customers a favor and post what the new BIOS firmware fixes:

MPC31V007_Beelink  2021-03-04  4.24MB  <<< Latest version shown.

For me all of this is a moot point as I have sent the GTR back and was just issued a full refund today - all because tech support is unable to provide correct information in a timely manner.  If you care to look back at my previous posts (username RWS) and even in the Amazon reviews you will see the same issues were found on the GTR Pro model as well as this model - GTR and the questions were never answered.

I realize that there are language differences and nuances in what we post may not be fully understood but how simple can I make the question "What does ver 7 of the BIOS fix?"

I have run that thru the translator English to Chinese and Chinese back to English and the translator does not change the content one bit.  

I now have the Minisforum H50 and so far, it hasn't missed a beat - zero problems and I have put this through it's paces.

Beelink has made a quality built product and problems happen because of software and hardware incompatibilities do occur.  Where Beelink is failing is in their lack of providing professional level support and fixes.  

If the GTR was a $300 box, we wouldn't expect much but when we pay the premium prices, we expect and demand premium customer service.  Beelink does not provide that and that is why I'll never purchase another Beelink product nor will I recommend them to any client.

To the Admin that responded to my post.  Thank you for responding but your response was incorrect about the BIOS update...

RWS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-07-31 08:34:08 | Show all posts
I have a GTR 5.  I was OK with video but then after the win 10 update to21H21 my screen in an 8 hr time period my go dark for a fraction of a second.and start up OK.  It is like a quick flicker.  I am using an HDMI cable.  It does not bother me much and am not sure the problem is not due to the 21H21 win 10 update.  My fan noise is like a low hum and I hardly notice it.  At least the CPU is cool.  Blue tooth is a problem which when I start the machine from power off sometimes blue tooth does not connect very well.  I solve the problem buy going inside win 10 and I turn Bluetooth  off and then back on.  Now I get a solid connection good for 30 to 50 feet away from the computer to my headset and speakers.  I use a USB keyboard and mouse.  I think the issue is windows.  Also my bios is very 007.  I wish beelink would publish on the website all the bios settings so we could find out what they do before people brick their computer.  The fingerprint sensor.  I had to remove and then reinstall the fingerprint detection several times for windows to finally get things right.  Now I can log in with just one swap of my index finger.  Works every time where as in the beginning the senser would not see my finger and I had to login with a PIN everyday.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-11 07:19:14 | Show all posts
I bought a new Bluetooth speaker and it would not pair with the computer.  I was with Microsoft GETHELP for two hrs.  They ran a special utility in powershell as admin.  They unpaired the device and then we restarted the computer.  If you go into device manager you will see your hardware.   Microsoft removed the bluetooth device and then we did a reinstall of the device.  After Microsoft did that I could pair and connect fine to the new bluetooth speaker.  The bottom line is that bluetooth on win 10 software has bugs.  Use microsoft GetHelp App and Microsoft did a virtual desktop terminal with me.  I trusted microsoft to help me.  They took over my computer and fixed it using remote desktop application.  They did things so fast that I could not follow exactly.  But they used a special bluetooth utility command processor software which when run in a power shell as administrator fixed everything.  I just do not remember what Microsoft did.  Contact Microsoft in GET HELP App as they can help you.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-11-03 17:27:22 | Show all posts
RWS replied at 2021-06-25 07:38
Reference: http://support.bee-link.com/drives.html?id=13

You have updated the BIOS from ver 6 to  ...

Sorry for the bad experience, some of the problems you encountered may be due to a hardware defect in a particular case, we will try to do better and hope to have the opportunity to get your love again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-11-03 17:30:20 | Show all posts
mydavidradloff replied at 2021-07-31 08:34
I have a GTR 5.  I was OK with video but then after the win 10 update to21H21 my screen in an 8 hr t ...

The current BIOS version has been updated to V008, you can try the latest BIOS version, the new BIOS version adds TPM2.0 support as well as fixes some issues.
http://support.bee-link.com/drives.html?id=13

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list