Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 33510|Reply: 60

How do I update the BIOS?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-04 23:52:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have downloaded the new BIOS from March, and I cannot install it. I have tried to put the .bin file at the root of many FAT32-formatted pen drives and none of them work for me. Everything from the bootable F7 menu selecting the pendrive as the boot drive, and nothing, it does not react. Does anyone know how to update the bios? Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-05 08:18:43 | Show all posts
My post made 2 days ago about the same subject is still pending but I added a couple of items:

1. Is that update applicable to my model?  The use 4 X's to designate part of the model number but is it really only for 4 digits or is it a generic placeholder?  Mine has 5 digits.
2. What are the changes for this update and what does it fix?
3. I've been told that they are making a video on how to install the update.

Like yourself, I made several different bootable USB drives which booted but you could not build a drive to install the BIOS update. They initially sent me instructions in a document named "SHELL update EC.docx" which indicated that you are to use WinPE to make the boot drive.  Not true but no one said what to use.  Another very confusing step was to "Press the boot button and press F7...."  No boot button on my model... so I assumed they meant the Power On switch but no matter, those procedures did not work.

So while I can't explain whet is needed because the instructions I received were not correct, nor did anyone ever answer my questions 1 and 2 above.

It is now going on 4 weeks, I've asked those same to questions multiple times and even sent a request for assistance to corporate (AZW - Customer Support) and they have set things in motion to get the video made and assured me the questions will be answered.

Maybe they will answer your question first but mine is being held "Pending".  We'll see if this reply (4/4/21) to your post makes it thru the gauntlet...;-)

RWS
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-06 07:59:04 | Show all posts
My posts haven't made it past the pending stage probably due to the Ching Ming festival but... I'll try this way and see if it gets posted immediately - or not.

A video is being made showing how to make the install media I'm told and forthcoming soon.

Next ask - is it applicable to your GTR model? Site leaves some doubt as to which models are included.

Ask, what does the BIOS update fix and what changes it makes.  

RWS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-04-06 14:36:18 | Show all posts
RWS replied at 2021-04-06 07:59
My posts haven't made it past the pending stage probably due to the Ching Ming festival but... I'll  ...

The truth about this company is very disappointing, they don't help at all, they sometimes don't answer questions on the forum, or they answer you with ambiguities and unclear, or they post files on the support website and don't tell you anything about how run them, depressing is little.
In the support area for my GTR model (the 3550 ryzen) there are two supposed BIOS files to download, the first one, a western version of 8 megabytes in .bin format, which does not tell you anything about how to update it or anything, they just tell you put there and look for life, and a second AUTO RUN file of 4mb Chinese version with explanatory video and everything.
In the end I used this file (the auto-executable Chinese one), and the bios was updated, so yes, the BEELINK boot drawing now comes out in Chinese, but hey. Nor as you say there is not a damn text file that explains the improvements it has, it is all very sad. I recommend that you install the EFI update, because thanks to that ACTU the computer no longer bothers me with its rising and falling fans, now it IS quieter. But it is still crappy BIOS, since they have not wanted to put a section for the fans, so that the user can decide at what temperature, speed, etc. to regulate them. As I have said, this company has very little seriousness.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-04-06 17:04:43 | Show all posts
Arcan replied at 2021-04-06 14:36
The truth about this company is very disappointing, they don't help at all, they sometimes don't a ...

Sorry for not replying in time due to the holiday
This is the new bios and if your machine is normal, please do not update it
You can find the tutorial video below
Link:http://support.bee-link.com/manuals.html?id=13

For the update content, we are asking the technician, please wait for the reply

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-04-06 18:08:48 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2021-04-06 17:04
This is the new bios and if your machine is norm ...

You have not yet explained (nothing comes out of the video in the video) how to update the Western version BIOS
MPC31V007_Beelink 2021-03-04 8192KB

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-06 19:17:02 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2021-04-06 17:04
This is the new bios and if your machine is norm ...

the video that puts in that link, is through an exe. The bin that they put for the bios, does not carry any exe. They go faster putting the updates and the technical service of the web, nor does he know what there is.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-04-06 19:24:16 | Show all posts
sev44lora replied at 2021-04-06 19:17
the video that puts in that link, is through an exe. The bin that they put for the bios, does not  ...

Let's see if he responds to you saying something that is not OBVIOUS and helps us for all those who have spent about € 700 on a computer that has a regrettable technical service that does not know how to get decent updates with decent tutorials that are well explained.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-06 19:30:29 | Show all posts

at least they put on the web where the bin is downloaded, how to create a bootable pendrive to update the bios. Or put in the same bios, an option in the menu, to update it, without so many problems

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-06 20:02:16 | Show all posts
For now I don't update, I wouldn't want to block everything, mine is not very noisy (maybe I'm a little deaf) and cools well.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list