Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 9219|Reply: 3

BIOS Update for GTR

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-04-03 07:40:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by RWS at 2021-04-03 07:49

In the Bios and Tools section for the GTR the BIOS download section lists a new update listed as MPC31V007_Beelink dated 2021-03-04.  
It does not list what changes it makes, what it fixes and there are no instructions or tools offered to build the bootable USB drive needed.  The version before (ver 06) was an .exe file and it ran to build and install the update.  This version is presented as a .bin file. Nothing in the existing BIOS has an update method to directly import the .bin update file and there are no tools or documentation on how to perform the update (if needed).

They show the model numbers that this update is applicable for and they indicate that only models with 4 digit numbers can install the update by using XXXX as the place holder.  My model has a 5 digit number.  Are the 4 X's just a generic placeholder for any number of digits, or is it only to be installed on models only having 4 digit numbers?

I won't go into all the details but I have been trying to get answers from After Sales Support (not here) for 3 weeks and have also tried to get access to this forum so I could ask here. It was finally last night that the person on Chat was able to make me an account.  I had noticed that the moderator of this forum provides excellent responses and gets directly to the answer so I'm hoping he will do the same for me.

It does not matter what problems I'm having or if the BIOS update fixes any of them for the purpose of answering these questions.  They are not about a particular PC issue, the questions are about the purpose of the BIOS update, does it apply to my model and if so, how do I install it?  Simple questions.

I have been contacted earlier today by a representative of Beelink stating they are making a video showing how to make a bootable USB drive that is used to update the BIOS.  That will solve the install problem.  The first instructions sent to me showed using WinPE to make a bootable USB drive and then I was told not to use WinPE to build the USB drive but no other suggestions were mentioned.  

I used Rufus, Hirem and MS media - all of those would boot but no instructions other than to "place the update on the USB drive", Press the "Boot Button and F7" and it will build the drive. Obviously those instructions did not work.

Please answer:
1. My model is  GTR35 ll-V3 16512D00W64 PRO-1T - is the update MPC31V007 applicable or not?
2. What are the changes / fixes that MPC31V007 makes?
3. How do you install it?  This one should be answered by the video being made.

Thank you and I appreciate your time and effort to help resolve this.  The GTR 5 is a great mini PC, excellent engineering and a quality built box.
RWS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-11-07 12:21:50 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I used the latest version of for upgrade.  I downloaded the exe file.  Then I used 7-zip to unzip the file and I got a folder full of files.  Then I selected the file AfuWin64.bat and I clicked on it.  Then you run as administrator and the flash bios routine automatically updates the bios to version mpc31v008.  This update enables tpm 2.0 and makes the fans run real quiet in my opinion.  All other features are the same as in mpc31v007 which is no longer available on the bee-link support page.  Only mpc31v008 is available for download.  You do not need Rufus or a bookable flash drive to do the upgrade.  Just download the file.  Do the extract with 7-zip and run the AfuWin64.bat file in the folder and do it from your desktop to flash the bios.  I tried to run the downloaded exe file without doing a file extraction with 7-zip and I could not get the exe file to run.  I had to do the file extraction and then click on the bat file and it worked for me.  I was running win 10 on a gtr 5 3550h computer.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-11-04 13:52:02 | Show all posts
You can try updating the latest version of BIOS, which is TPM2.0 enabled and optimized for fan speed, by simply double-clicking on the downloaded file and running it automatically.
http://support.bee-link.com/drives.html?id=13
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-11-20 13:29:43 | Show all posts
Edited by maleman67 at 2021-11-21 21:09
beelink replied at 2021-11-04 13:52
You can try updating the latest version of BIOS, which is TPM2.0 enabled and optimized for fan speed ...

Please ignore. No more error downloading.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list