Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 3570|Reply: 5

Boot-up hijacked by Finders International login

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-03-03 01:28:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find a search function.

We bought a GTR5, and when I set it up it loaded to a Finders International login screen. I messaged Beelink tech support, and they told me to turn off my router and reboot, but then it required an internet connection, and of course went right back to the Finders International login screen.

Tech support has not responded to my updated query in over a day. Has anyone found a way to remove this unwanted overlay?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-03-03 04:34:27 | Show all posts
You could try a full factory reset. IF that doesn't work then personally i would just send it back.
BTW .. you are not the first person i have seen post on the forum(s) about this.

Hate to say it, but i am getting suspicous that either someone is adding this to the products along the distribution chain .. OR ( hopefully not )  that Beelink has partnered with this company and will be addding this to every product !!  
If thats the case then they ( BeeLink ) better wakeup because it will result in a LOT of lost business / returns.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-03-04 05:19:07 | Show all posts
I attempted a full reset two times, loading from the OS disk included from Beelink. Both times I did setup only to end up right back at a Finders International login screen.

I suspect I have been shipped a PC customized for Finders International, complete with a customized recovery USB.

I need them to send me a generic Windows 10 recovery, as I am completely unaffiliated with Finders International.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-08-04 19:51:46 | Show all posts
Edited by ITSupport at 2021-08-04 19:53

Hi,

I am the IT Manager at Finders International, and I am shocked and appalled to see that bee-link have manufactured their devices in this manner. We purchased a few of these GTR5 mini PC for a production environment. These were enrolled into our management system with Microsoft (no problem). I could see that the two devices had the same MAC and Serial strings - weird, I thought but possibly a batch error. From what I can see above, the entire distribution chain has the same strings. This is why when people are booting the OOBE they see it point back to our platform because they all have the same string ID. This could even be an error when they burnt the same MAC on each one! I have now removed these from management which should resolve it for the world :) But it's just a case for any system to enrol one, and it starts again. I have sent a stern email to bee-link about this error, and I can't believe they let this happen to a live device line.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-08-05 16:27:01 | Show all posts
ITSupport replied at 2021-08-04 19:51
Hi,

I am the IT Manager at Finders International, and I am shocked and appalled to see that bee-lin ...

Welcome to the new world of BEELINK, a new company where its motto is "I want to and I can't"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-08-07 11:44:39 | Show all posts
Hello,you can try to skip the network connection, in the page of connecting to the network, there is a skip button in the bottom left corner, you can skip the network connection, and then you can enter the system normally.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list