Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
12Next
Return to list New
View: 6887|Reply: 13

Legacy boot mode killed video

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-03-02 22:07:27 | Show all posts |Read mode

Successfully installed Debian 10(Buster) using MBR(not GPT) partitions so I could boot into software RAID without giving myself brain damage.  Rebooted and no OS found.  Set Boot mode in BIOS to Legacy, and now although the machine does boot into Debian successfully, I'm getting no video signal via the HDMI port at all, even after OS startup completes.  I'm only able to access the machine via network.   Ideas?   The HDMI feed is a simple HDMI <-> HDMI cable to a native HDMI port on monitor.  Haven't tried the display port yet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-03-04 09:34:39 | Show all posts
No replies on this nor from service@bee-link.com in 24 hours now.  Displayport -> HDMI cable doesn't help, nor does connecting it to a TV as some have professed solved very similar issues.  This 'blank video' thing seems rather pervasive not to have been better addressed yet, and a shame as this is seems a fantastic value system otherwise, but back it goes..
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-03-04 18:58:49 | Show all posts
      Your reply leaves me believing you didn't really even read the description.  I would have already gladly changed mode back to UEFI, but that is quite difficult without any video at all.   I'm uncertain as to what you're referring to by 'burning software' as I didn't burn or flash or update anything.  All I did was change BIOS mode from UEFI to legacy and NO VIDEO WHATSOEVER ANYMORE, EVEN AT POST.  CANNOT ENTER BIOS.   Additionally I've tried resetting CMOS several times by unplugging everything(including power), holding down the green CMOS reset button, and restarting.  STILL NO VIDEO.   

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-03-05 10:54:24 | Show all posts
ssinno replied at 2021-03-04 18:58
Your reply leaves me believing you didn't really even read the description.  I would have alre ...

Sorry, I need to ask three more questions
1. Can you still enter the BIOS interface?
2. Can you enter the boot interface by pressing F7?
3. What system do you want to install back

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-15 23:39:11 | Show all posts
ssinno replied at 2021-03-04 18:58
Your reply leaves me believing you didn't really even read the description.  I would have alre ...

hi, i have the same problem as you, after i set to bios legacy mode no more video was seen via HDMI, i had to use type c video to enter bios and reset UEFI but HDMI is no longer main video output, as you solved the problem to make everything work as before? thank you

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-24 21:07:47 | Show all posts
robmac replied at 2021-05-15 23:39
hi, i have the same problem as you, after i set to bios legacy mode no more video was seen via HDM ...

Hi I got the same problem, fistly I tried to install M2 disk (adding disk). But the system was not detecting it, after that I have entered BIOS and i Think I also changed some menu to Legacy, after that THERE IS NO VIDEO output. Computer is working but no video output, so the screen is black can not see anything / can not enter bios.
So i found Youtube video with bios menu, i tried many combinations,
1) computer on
2) press DEL to enter bios
3) then pres F3 (Optimized defaults)
Then press Enter / or Enter then key to Right and Enter again / or Enter then key to left and Enter

So i have loaded somehow default settings, and everything is worked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sSwrtW5AzA  For Bios menu

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-24 21:08:54 | Show all posts
Admin just Explain which buttons to press in order to load BIOS default settings and restart PC with black screen,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-24 21:12:06 | Show all posts
I did it with some luck, I also had black scree with no video output, then I just opened video on Youtube with bios menu, and tried to load defaults  by just clicking by luck.
1) restart PC
2) click DEL to enter BIOS
3) Press F3 to load defaults
4) then click enter / or enter key to right then enter / or enter key to left then enter
must help
or enter menu then 6 times to right - enter - 7 times down - then enter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sSwrtW5AzA

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-24 21:13:26 | Show all posts
restart pc / press dell / pres F3 -- enter -- i loaded defaults in black screen mode. Maybe it will help you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-25 17:51:35 | Show all posts
thanks very much, do you use also linux on your pc?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list